Carmelo Anthony’s wife: “I definitely think he will stay (in New York)”

Jan 27, 2014, 6:34 PM EDT

Celebrity Sightings - 2013 Toronto International Film Festival Getty Images

If you ask the conspiracy theorists in Denver, La La Anthony — Carmelo Anthony’s wife — is a big reason he forced a trade to New York. The theory goes the actress and television personality wanted to get to one of the big media markets on the coast and helped push him to the Knicks.

I’m not sure I buy that — or least not as the main motivation — but if anyone knows what Anthony is thinking it should be his wife.

And she think’s he isn’t bolting The Big Apple this summer.

Here is what she said on Bravo’s Watch What Happens Live (the show I know as “what comes on after the best show on television Top Chef”), as transcribed by ESPNNewYork.com.

“I definitely think he will stay [in New York]. I know that he wants to stay and I support him wherever he wants to go,” La La Anthony said in an interview with Bravo TV’s “Watch What Happens Live.” “Listen, I used to live in Denver with him. If I can live in Denver, I can live anywhere. I just want him to be happy.”

She also shoots down the rumor she is deeply involved in the decision process.

“I get blamed for everything, no matter what happens it’s my fault,” she said. “[There are] all these talks if he’s staying in New York or not [and] I’m somehow the mastermind behind if he stays or not.”

There have been rumors going around that Anthony is looking to bolt the Knicks this summer for Chicago or Los Angeles, and with that has come the idea the Knicks need to trade him now. The Knicks aren’t looking to trade him, he’s still they guy they want to offer a max salary to and keep long term, the guy they want to build around. If he does bolt, the Lakers are lukewarm on him at best and reportedly is he would lean Chicago anyway.

Smart money is still on him staying put.

The reality is the Anthony marriage is like my marriage or your marriage: When it comes to a big decision, especially one about income and where you are going to live, you discuss it together. You may have a strong opinion, you may think the answer is obvious, but it is at least a discussion.

There is zero chance Carmelo and La La have not discussed this about this, and you can bet there will be some more serious ones once the season ends and free agency begins.

Which is to say, she probably knows which way her husband is leaning. As the Knicks’ season struggles on that thinking may change, but she clearly thinks he is staying put.

Latest Posts
  1. Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments

Jul 29, 2015, 12:05 AM EDT

Celebrities At Game 3 Of The Lakers/Suns Getty Images

Cuban said presidential candidate is ‘probably the best thing to happen to politics in a long, long time’

2. Report: Warriors to sign Ian Clark

Jul 28, 2015, 11:09 PM EDT

Denver Nuggets v Golden State Warriors Getty Images

Could former summer-league standout fill Golden State’s need for an off-the-bench shooter?

3. Mavericks sign Jamil Wilson, Brandon Ashley

Jul 28, 2015, 9:16 PM EDT

Washington Wizards vs New Orleans Pelicans Getty Images

Dallas also reportedly talking to Salah Mejri

4. Report: Serge Ibaka not yet cleared to play after March surgery

Jul 28, 2015, 8:19 PM EDT

"Son Of The Congo" - 2015 SXSW Music, Film + Interactive Festival Getty Images

Thunder power forward was scheduled to play in African exhibition game

5. Heat sign Josh Richardson

Jul 28, 2015, 7:24 PM EDT

Josh Richardson, Spencer Dinwiddle AP

Miami cleared roster room for second-round pick

6. Nicolas Batum responds to Toronto rumor in hysterical fashion

Jul 28, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT

Denver Nuggets v Portland Trail Blazers Getty Images

I can tell you where Batum will land next summer — whichever team offers him the most money.

7. Report: Knicks, Lakers, Wizards still interested in Kevin Seraphin

Jul 28, 2015, 5:05 PM EDT

Washington Wizards v Charlotte Hornets Getty Images

The Lakers and Knicks don’t make a ton of sense for him.

8. Former NBA All-Star Vin Baker training to be Starbucks manager

Jul 28, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT

Vin Baker AP

He’s been sober four years, which is most important.

9. Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick

Jul 28, 2015, 2:46 PM EDT

Michael Jordan Michael Jordan

Did Michael Jordan hijack the draft process in Charlotte again?

10. Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign

Jul 28, 2015, 1:54 PM EDT

Scott Walker Scott Walker

Walker is expected to sign the bill to allocate funds for a new arena.

11. Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov: “We had a really good offseason.”

Jul 28, 2015, 1:32 PM EDT

Mikhail Prokhorov Mikhail Prokhorov

The Nets added solid role players in addition to re-signing Brook Lopez and Thaddeus Young.

12. Report: Clippers center Ekpe Udoh signs one-year deal in Turkey

Jul 28, 2015, 1:20 PM EDT

Ekpe Udoh Ekpe Udoh

Udoh played five seasons with the Warriors, Bucks and Clippers.

13. Matt Barnes on Serge Ibaka: “He’s just dirty.”

Jul 28, 2015, 12:59 PM EDT

Serge Ibaka, Jeff Green Serge Ibaka, Jeff Green

Barnes hasn’t forgotten Ibaka’s altercations with Blake Griffin.

14. Karl-Anthony Towns: I want Kevin Garnett to teach me “how to be a champion”

Jul 28, 2015, 12:54 PM EDT

Cleveland Cavaliers v Minnesota Timberwolves Getty Images

Garnett came out to Summer League practices to work with Towns.

15. Mason Plumlee rapping? Yes, Mason Plumlee rapping. (VIDEO)

Jul 28, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT

Brooklyn Nets v Detroit Pistons Getty Images

Mason Plumlee with a money gun shooting $100s.

Top 10 NBA Player Searches