Jan 27, 2014, 6:34 PM EDT
If you ask the conspiracy theorists in Denver, La La Anthony — Carmelo Anthony’s wife — is a big reason he forced a trade to New York. The theory goes the actress and television personality wanted to get to one of the big media markets on the coast and helped push him to the Knicks.
I’m not sure I buy that — or least not as the main motivation — but if anyone knows what Anthony is thinking it should be his wife.
And she think’s he isn’t bolting The Big Apple this summer.
“I definitely think he will stay [in New York]. I know that he wants to stay and I support him wherever he wants to go,” La La Anthony said in an interview with Bravo TV’s “Watch What Happens Live.” “Listen, I used to live in Denver with him. If I can live in Denver, I can live anywhere. I just want him to be happy.”
She also shoots down the rumor she is deeply involved in the decision process.
“I get blamed for everything, no matter what happens it’s my fault,” she said. “[There are] all these talks if he’s staying in New York or not [and] I’m somehow the mastermind behind if he stays or not.”
There have been rumors going around that Anthony is looking to bolt the Knicks this summer for Chicago or Los Angeles, and with that has come the idea the Knicks need to trade him now. The Knicks aren’t looking to trade him, he’s still they guy they want to offer a max salary to and keep long term, the guy they want to build around. If he does bolt, the Lakers are lukewarm on him at best and reportedly is he would lean Chicago anyway.
Smart money is still on him staying put.
The reality is the Anthony marriage is like my marriage or your marriage: When it comes to a big decision, especially one about income and where you are going to live, you discuss it together. You may have a strong opinion, you may think the answer is obvious, but it is at least a discussion.
There is zero chance Carmelo and La La have not discussed this about this, and you can bet there will be some more serious ones once the season ends and free agency begins.
Which is to say, she probably knows which way her husband is leaning. As the Knicks’ season struggles on that thinking may change, but she clearly thinks he is staying put.
- 67RIEFNS: Warriors starters with Draymond Green 0
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 20
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 11
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70