Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett get warm welcome back to Boston

Jan 26, 2014, 11:14 PM EDT

Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett are still loved in Boston.

The pair, traded this summer to the Brooklyn Nets, returned to The Garden with their new team and what they heard was a lot of love. Above were the player introductions, when the Boston fans were amazing.

Later on a video tribute was shown to the fans, and Pierce and Garnett had an emotional reaction to the video and the love of the fans. These two will always be Celtics.

1. frankgarrett - Jan 26, 2014 at 11:44 PM

City of Boston is trash

• pharohislife - Jan 27, 2014 at 1:41 AM

That’s what we were thinking about your opinion.

• therooneyskilledwebster - Jan 27, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Leave your mother out of this.

• j0esixpack - Jan 27, 2014 at 12:30 PM

An entire city shows they root for more than just the laundry, give a heartfelt honor the players and all they did for the community, and someone thinks that’s “trash”?

That’s F’d up

All I can say is that it’s obvious this guy isn’t from New England… and all of New England is especially proud of that!

2. coachjac30 - Jan 27, 2014 at 2:02 AM

Terrific job by the Boson Celtics organization and the Boston fans!

3. jcmeyer10 - Jan 27, 2014 at 10:20 AM

I’ll admit I got teary eyed when they did the videos. I wouldn’t have missed that game for the world.

4. El Pollo Loco - Jan 27, 2014 at 4:02 PM

I liked how they booed Jason Kidd though

5. daddyb1gdrawz - Jan 27, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Ok. I understand why Paul Pierce’s heart is in Boston but do not understand K.G at all. He was there for a hot cup of cocoa.

• jvw1982 - Jan 27, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Without KG they don’t win a championship….that’s his home now….

• coachjac30 - Jan 27, 2014 at 4:39 PM

You don’t understand why KG’s heart is in Boston or why Boston loves KG? Either way I think last night pretty much explained it.

6. jvw1982 - Jan 27, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Not a Boston sports fan, but they do know how to do the tributes, great job Boston…..Pierce tribute was excellent…..

• coachjac30 - Jan 27, 2014 at 4:40 PM

The apocalypse is upon us, someone actually said something nice about a fan base/sports town, that they don’t generally like. I need to go check to see if my pets head is falling off.

Stephenson goes elsewhere for his future
Top 10 NBA Player Searches