Jan 26, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
DeMar DeRozan is having a season that may land him on the Eastern Conference All-Star team as a reserve, but he left Saturday’s game against the Clippers with the ankle injury.
As seen in the video clip above, DeRozan goes up for a jumper and then lands awkwardly, with his left foot turning under him which resulted in the injury.
DeRozan stayed in the game, but left a few minutes before halftime. He returned to start the third quarter, but left less than two minutes into the second half and went to the locker room, finished for the night.
“If I couldn’t perform or help my team, there was no point in me being out there,” DeRozan told reporters afterward. “I didn’t want to slow anybody down so I just decided I was not going to try and force it.”
The team said later that X-rays were negative, but with these types of injuries, ligament damage is more of a concern than anything else.
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 27
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 52
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 26
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 22