Jan 26, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
DeMar DeRozan is having a season that may land him on the Eastern Conference All-Star team as a reserve, but he left Saturday’s game against the Clippers with the ankle injury.
As seen in the video clip above, DeRozan goes up for a jumper and then lands awkwardly, with his left foot turning under him which resulted in the injury.
DeRozan stayed in the game, but left a few minutes before halftime. He returned to start the third quarter, but left less than two minutes into the second half and went to the locker room, finished for the night.
“If I couldn’t perform or help my team, there was no point in me being out there,” DeRozan told reporters afterward. “I didn’t want to slow anybody down so I just decided I was not going to try and force it.”
The team said later that X-rays were negative, but with these types of injuries, ligament damage is more of a concern than anything else.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 42
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 88
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 60
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59