Jan 26, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
DeMar DeRozan is having a season that may land him on the Eastern Conference All-Star team as a reserve, but he left Saturday’s game against the Clippers with the ankle injury.
As seen in the video clip above, DeRozan goes up for a jumper and then lands awkwardly, with his left foot turning under him which resulted in the injury.
DeRozan stayed in the game, but left a few minutes before halftime. He returned to start the third quarter, but left less than two minutes into the second half and went to the locker room, finished for the night.
“If I couldn’t perform or help my team, there was no point in me being out there,” DeRozan told reporters afterward. “I didn’t want to slow anybody down so I just decided I was not going to try and force it.”
The team said later that X-rays were negative, but with these types of injuries, ligament damage is more of a concern than anything else.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 10
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 25
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9