Jan 26, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
DeMar DeRozan is having a season that may land him on the Eastern Conference All-Star team as a reserve, but he left Saturday’s game against the Clippers with the ankle injury.
As seen in the video clip above, DeRozan goes up for a jumper and then lands awkwardly, with his left foot turning under him which resulted in the injury.
DeRozan stayed in the game, but left a few minutes before halftime. He returned to start the third quarter, but left less than two minutes into the second half and went to the locker room, finished for the night.
“If I couldn’t perform or help my team, there was no point in me being out there,” DeRozan told reporters afterward. “I didn’t want to slow anybody down so I just decided I was not going to try and force it.”
The team said later that X-rays were negative, but with these types of injuries, ligament damage is more of a concern than anything else.
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 0
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 29
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 28
- Kevin Durant: Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan are greatest of all time 64
- LeBron James becomes Obamacare pitchman 39