Jan 25, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
The Rockets dropped a close one at home to the Grizzlies on Friday, but it certainly wasn’t for a lack of trying on the part of Chandler Parsons.
Parsons scored 30 points in the second half, thanks to making an NBA record 10 three-pointers on 11 tries, all of which can be seen in the video clip above. Predictably, Parsons said afterward it was a surreal experience.
With 10, Parsons made more than any Rocket has in a game, more than any NBA player has in a half. He made more consecutively without a miss than any Rocket has in one game, more than the rest of the Rockets and Memphis Grizzlies had combined Friday night. …
“I was pretty much unconscious,” Parsons said. “My body went numb. I never felt that feeling on a basketball court before. It was a lot of fun. I felt like anything I would throw up there would go in. It felt extremely good.”
Incredible shooting from Parsons, and it’s a shame he couldn’t get any help from his teammates — James Harden went 2-of-11 from the field, Patrick Beverley was just 1-of-11, and Dwight Howard managed only 11 points in a game Houston dropped by a final of 88-87.
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 16
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8