Jan 25, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
The Rockets dropped a close one at home to the Grizzlies on Friday, but it certainly wasn’t for a lack of trying on the part of Chandler Parsons.
Parsons scored 30 points in the second half, thanks to making an NBA record 10 three-pointers on 11 tries, all of which can be seen in the video clip above. Predictably, Parsons said afterward it was a surreal experience.
With 10, Parsons made more than any Rocket has in a game, more than any NBA player has in a half. He made more consecutively without a miss than any Rocket has in one game, more than the rest of the Rockets and Memphis Grizzlies had combined Friday night. …
“I was pretty much unconscious,” Parsons said. “My body went numb. I never felt that feeling on a basketball court before. It was a lot of fun. I felt like anything I would throw up there would go in. It felt extremely good.”
Incredible shooting from Parsons, and it’s a shame he couldn’t get any help from his teammates — James Harden went 2-of-11 from the field, Patrick Beverley was just 1-of-11, and Dwight Howard managed only 11 points in a game Houston dropped by a final of 88-87.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16