Jan 25, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
The Rockets dropped a close one at home to the Grizzlies on Friday, but it certainly wasn’t for a lack of trying on the part of Chandler Parsons.
Parsons scored 30 points in the second half, thanks to making an NBA record 10 three-pointers on 11 tries, all of which can be seen in the video clip above. Predictably, Parsons said afterward it was a surreal experience.
With 10, Parsons made more than any Rocket has in a game, more than any NBA player has in a half. He made more consecutively without a miss than any Rocket has in one game, more than the rest of the Rockets and Memphis Grizzlies had combined Friday night. …
“I was pretty much unconscious,” Parsons said. “My body went numb. I never felt that feeling on a basketball court before. It was a lot of fun. I felt like anything I would throw up there would go in. It felt extremely good.”
Incredible shooting from Parsons, and it’s a shame he couldn’t get any help from his teammates — James Harden went 2-of-11 from the field, Patrick Beverley was just 1-of-11, and Dwight Howard managed only 11 points in a game Houston dropped by a final of 88-87.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5