Jan 25, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
The Rockets dropped a close one at home to the Grizzlies on Friday, but it certainly wasn’t for a lack of trying on the part of Chandler Parsons.
Parsons scored 30 points in the second half, thanks to making an NBA record 10 three-pointers on 11 tries, all of which can be seen in the video clip above. Predictably, Parsons said afterward it was a surreal experience.
With 10, Parsons made more than any Rocket has in a game, more than any NBA player has in a half. He made more consecutively without a miss than any Rocket has in one game, more than the rest of the Rockets and Memphis Grizzlies had combined Friday night. …
“I was pretty much unconscious,” Parsons said. “My body went numb. I never felt that feeling on a basketball court before. It was a lot of fun. I felt like anything I would throw up there would go in. It felt extremely good.”
Incredible shooting from Parsons, and it’s a shame he couldn’t get any help from his teammates — James Harden went 2-of-11 from the field, Patrick Beverley was just 1-of-11, and Dwight Howard managed only 11 points in a game Houston dropped by a final of 88-87.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 16
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12