Jan 25, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Justin Bieber, recently arrested for DUI and other charges, wasn’t in his usual courtside seat for the Miami Heat’s game against the Los Angeles Lakers on Thursday.
A source tells E! News Bieber’s tickets were pulled last minute by the Heat because they didn’t want the particular brand of attention that his presence would inevitably attract.
Reportedly, the Heat even went a step further:
Heat owner Micky Arison denied it:
It seems unreasonable to ban Bieber for being arrest. Would the Heat ban any other fans simply for having a record?
That said, the Heat don’t have to gift Bieber tickets – which, based on the mysterious intersection of celebrities and NBA games, may or not be happening – and they don’t have to show him on the videoboard, either.
But if he buys his own seats, keeping him out seems extreme.
It’s hard to get too worked up over this, though – especially because Arison denied it. If the Heat did keep Bieber out Thursday, it certainly won’t happen again, not with the boss backing the Biebs publicly.
If I had to some up my feelings for this whole saga, I’d just defer to Kendall Marshall:
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 2
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 26
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 21
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6