Jan 25, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Justin Bieber, recently arrested for DUI and other charges, wasn’t in his usual courtside seat for the Miami Heat’s game against the Los Angeles Lakers on Thursday.
A source tells E! News Bieber’s tickets were pulled last minute by the Heat because they didn’t want the particular brand of attention that his presence would inevitably attract.
Reportedly, the Heat even went a step further:
The Heat have banned Justin Bieber from attending all home games.—
NBA Legion (@MySportsLegion) January 25, 2014
Heat owner Micky Arison denied it:
It seems unreasonable to ban Bieber for being arrest. Would the Heat ban any other fans simply for having a record?
That said, the Heat don’t have to gift Bieber tickets – which, based on the mysterious intersection of celebrities and NBA games, may or not be happening – and they don’t have to show him on the videoboard, either.
But if he buys his own seats, keeping him out seems extreme.
It’s hard to get too worked up over this, though – especially because Arison denied it. If the Heat did keep Bieber out Thursday, it certainly won’t happen again, not with the boss backing the Biebs publicly.
If I had to some up my feelings for this whole saga, I’d just defer to Kendall Marshall:
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16