Jan 25, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Justin Bieber, recently arrested for DUI and other charges, wasn’t in his usual courtside seat for the Miami Heat’s game against the Los Angeles Lakers on Thursday.
A source tells E! News Bieber’s tickets were pulled last minute by the Heat because they didn’t want the particular brand of attention that his presence would inevitably attract.
Reportedly, the Heat even went a step further:
The Heat have banned Justin Bieber from attending all home games.—
NBA Legion (@MySportsLegion) January 25, 2014
Heat owner Micky Arison denied it:
It seems unreasonable to ban Bieber for being arrest. Would the Heat ban any other fans simply for having a record?
That said, the Heat don’t have to gift Bieber tickets – which, based on the mysterious intersection of celebrities and NBA games, may or not be happening – and they don’t have to show him on the videoboard, either.
But if he buys his own seats, keeping him out seems extreme.
It’s hard to get too worked up over this, though – especially because Arison denied it. If the Heat did keep Bieber out Thursday, it certainly won’t happen again, not with the boss backing the Biebs publicly.
If I had to some up my feelings for this whole saga, I’d just defer to Kendall Marshall:
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 0
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 21
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 21
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 7
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18