Jan 25, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Justin Bieber, recently arrested for DUI and other charges, wasn’t in his usual courtside seat for the Miami Heat’s game against the Los Angeles Lakers on Thursday.
A source tells E! News Bieber’s tickets were pulled last minute by the Heat because they didn’t want the particular brand of attention that his presence would inevitably attract.
Reportedly, the Heat even went a step further:
Heat owner Micky Arison denied it:
It seems unreasonable to ban Bieber for being arrest. Would the Heat ban any other fans simply for having a record?
That said, the Heat don’t have to gift Bieber tickets – which, based on the mysterious intersection of celebrities and NBA games, may or not be happening – and they don’t have to show him on the videoboard, either.
But if he buys his own seats, keeping him out seems extreme.
It’s hard to get too worked up over this, though – especially because Arison denied it. If the Heat did keep Bieber out Thursday, it certainly won’t happen again, not with the boss backing the Biebs publicly.
If I had to some up my feelings for this whole saga, I’d just defer to Kendall Marshall:
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 46
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18