Jan 25, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
Justin Bieber, recently arrested for DUI and other charges, wasn’t in his usual courtside seat for the Miami Heat’s game against the Los Angeles Lakers on Thursday.
A source tells E! News Bieber’s tickets were pulled last minute by the Heat because they didn’t want the particular brand of attention that his presence would inevitably attract.
Reportedly, the Heat even went a step further:
Heat owner Micky Arison denied it:
It seems unreasonable to ban Bieber for being arrest. Would the Heat ban any other fans simply for having a record?
That said, the Heat don’t have to gift Bieber tickets – which, based on the mysterious intersection of celebrities and NBA games, may or not be happening – and they don’t have to show him on the videoboard, either.
But if he buys his own seats, keeping him out seems extreme.
It’s hard to get too worked up over this, though – especially because Arison denied it. If the Heat did keep Bieber out Thursday, it certainly won’t happen again, not with the boss backing the Biebs publicly.
If I had to some up my feelings for this whole saga, I’d just defer to Kendall Marshall:
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 0
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 1
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 16
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 42
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 7
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45