Jan 24, 2014, 2:03 AM EDT
Our quick look around the NBA, or what you missed while wondering what NBA players could play in the NFL…
Only power forwards make the list tonight.
LaMarcus Aldridge, Portland Trail Blazers. He’s the best power forward in the game right now. Better than Kevin Love (Aldridge is a better and more interested defender), better than Blake Griffin. I hate to agree with Reggie Miller about anything, but he’s right here. Aldridge dropped 44 points on the Nuggets Thursday — including the last 15 for Portland in the fourth quarter — plus he had 13 rebounds. He did it knocking down the midrange shots Denver gave him, knocking down 8-of-16 from there. He was also 7-of-10 in the restricted area. He can play inside and out, and he had some key blocks as well in this game.
Chris Bosh, Miami Heat. For all of you who said, “Chris Bosh doesn’t deserve to be an All-Star” today, he had an answer for you. Bosh outplayed Pau Gasol on his way to 31 points on 15-of-22 shooting, scoring both at the rim and at the arc. Bosh was in a groove, he looked fluid, and we don’t see that every night from him but when we do it’s impressive.
Pau Gasol, Los Angeles Lakers. Pau Gasol has been playing well of late (which is boosting his trade value, if you think the Lakers can find someone to take on his $19.3 million contract) and that continued against the Heat — 22 points on 9-of-15 shooting, plus 11 rebounds. Defensively he struggled chasing Bosh around all night, but Gasol looked like the kind of player that could help some playoff bound team. And that is not the Lakers.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 38
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 4
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5