Jan 24, 2014, 3:42 PM EDT
“That’s really not my area of expertise. I’m more of a scoring-type player. I’ll leave that to those guys. Whatever they want to do, it’s OK with me. Just let me know.’’
The Knicks may go to a zone or try some other changes because it is their defense that is holding them back more than anything else right now. Woodson didn’t forget how to coach defense in the past couple years, but right now he can’t get his players to execute it in a consistent and energetic way. And their offense isn’t good enough to just outscore teams.
New York has five straight home games (they lost the first three of the homestand), if they are going to turn this season around now is the time.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50