Jan 24, 2014, 3:42 PM EST
“That’s really not my area of expertise. I’m more of a scoring-type player. I’ll leave that to those guys. Whatever they want to do, it’s OK with me. Just let me know.’’
The Knicks may go to a zone or try some other changes because it is their defense that is holding them back more than anything else right now. Woodson didn’t forget how to coach defense in the past couple years, but right now he can’t get his players to execute it in a consistent and energetic way. And their offense isn’t good enough to just outscore teams.
New York has five straight home games (they lost the first three of the homestand), if they are going to turn this season around now is the time.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 7
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 41
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 10
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 8
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 15
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 29
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5