Jan 24, 2014, 4:18 PM EST
Now Irving wants to defend that title, he told Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon Journal (hat tip to Matt Moore at Eye on Basketball).
If Irving really wants to follow in Bird’s footsteps he should walk into the locker room before this year’s contest and ask everyone else “Which one of you &$%@#*^ is coming in second?”
It’s going to be interesting to see who is in this year’s contest. Everyone is hoping Stephen Curry and/or Klay Thompson enter for Golden State, beyond that Kyle Korver, Marco Belinelli, Bradley Beal and others would make an interesting lineup.
We’ll see who besides Irving accepts an invitation. The Three Point Shootout will be part of All-Star Saturday night (along with the Skills Competition, the Dunk Contest and more) on Jan. 15 in New Orleans. The All-Star Game is the next day.
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 4
- PBT’s Wednesday night NBA Winners/Losers: Video of LeBron’s fumble, other tight finishes 13
- LeBron James, with chance to beat Spurs, loses ball to end game (video) 39
- NBA suspends Hornets’ Jeff Taylor for 24 games following guilty plea for domestic violence 7
- PBT Extra: Is Dwight Howard NBA’s newest villain? 31
- Report: Bradley Beal to make season debut Wednesday for Wizards 5
- Kobe Bryant passes 32,000 career points milestone 6
- Dwight Howard’s attorney: Claims Rockets’ star abused his child baseless 11