Jan 23, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
This is some good news for Kings fans.
An MRI of Rudy Gay’s foot and ankle revealed only a strain, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. He will be in a walking boot for the next 3-5 days, then be re-evaluated, according to the report.
Gay had left Wednesday’s Kings’ loss to the Rockets with what was feared to be an Achilles injury.
Since coming to the Kings Gay has averaged 20.1 points a game, but what matters is he is doing it in just 14.7 shots — his true shooting percentage jumped form 42.1 percent in Toronto to start the season to 55.5 percent now (a little above the league average). He’s been efficient since pulling on a Kings’ jersey, which has long been the main knock on his game.
The Kings have a couple tough games over the weekend, hosting Indiana and Denver, before traveling to Utah Monday. Don’t expect to see Gay in any of those games, and worse yet for Sacramento DeMarcus Cousins has a sprained ankle and could miss those games as well.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7