Jan 23, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
This is some good news for Kings fans.
An MRI of Rudy Gay’s foot and ankle revealed only a strain, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. He will be in a walking boot for the next 3-5 days, then be re-evaluated, according to the report.
Gay had left Wednesday’s Kings’ loss to the Rockets with what was feared to be an Achilles injury.
Since coming to the Kings Gay has averaged 20.1 points a game, but what matters is he is doing it in just 14.7 shots — his true shooting percentage jumped form 42.1 percent in Toronto to start the season to 55.5 percent now (a little above the league average). He’s been efficient since pulling on a Kings’ jersey, which has long been the main knock on his game.
The Kings have a couple tough games over the weekend, hosting Indiana and Denver, before traveling to Utah Monday. Don’t expect to see Gay in any of those games, and worse yet for Sacramento DeMarcus Cousins has a sprained ankle and could miss those games as well.
- Interesting stat: Teams score better in crunch time when they don’t call timeout 8
- Blake Griffin with as powerful a putback dunk as you’ll see (VIDEO) 11
- PBT Podcast: What is with the slumps of Miami, Indiana? Plus of course Phil Jackson talk. 2
- Extra Pass: Beyond Phil Jackson, Knicks should see Tim Hardaway as instrumental to their future 8
- Wednesday NBA grades: Brooklyn is all about The Truth 9