Jan 23, 2014, 7:01 PM EST
This is some good news for Kings fans.
An MRI of Rudy Gay’s foot and ankle revealed only a strain, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. He will be in a walking boot for the next 3-5 days, then be re-evaluated, according to the report.
Gay had left Wednesday’s Kings’ loss to the Rockets with what was feared to be an Achilles injury.
Since coming to the Kings Gay has averaged 20.1 points a game, but what matters is he is doing it in just 14.7 shots — his true shooting percentage jumped form 42.1 percent in Toronto to start the season to 55.5 percent now (a little above the league average). He’s been efficient since pulling on a Kings’ jersey, which has long been the main knock on his game.
The Kings have a couple tough games over the weekend, hosting Indiana and Denver, before traveling to Utah Monday. Don’t expect to see Gay in any of those games, and worse yet for Sacramento DeMarcus Cousins has a sprained ankle and could miss those games as well.
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 0
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 12
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 24
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 5
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3