Jan 23, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
This is some good news for Kings fans.
An MRI of Rudy Gay’s foot and ankle revealed only a strain, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. He will be in a walking boot for the next 3-5 days, then be re-evaluated, according to the report.
Gay had left Wednesday’s Kings’ loss to the Rockets with what was feared to be an Achilles injury.
Since coming to the Kings Gay has averaged 20.1 points a game, but what matters is he is doing it in just 14.7 shots — his true shooting percentage jumped form 42.1 percent in Toronto to start the season to 55.5 percent now (a little above the league average). He’s been efficient since pulling on a Kings’ jersey, which has long been the main knock on his game.
The Kings have a couple tough games over the weekend, hosting Indiana and Denver, before traveling to Utah Monday. Don’t expect to see Gay in any of those games, and worse yet for Sacramento DeMarcus Cousins has a sprained ankle and could miss those games as well.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 11
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 17
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2