Jan 23, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
This is some good news for Kings fans.
An MRI of Rudy Gay’s foot and ankle revealed only a strain, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. He will be in a walking boot for the next 3-5 days, then be re-evaluated, according to the report.
Gay had left Wednesday’s Kings’ loss to the Rockets with what was feared to be an Achilles injury.
Since coming to the Kings Gay has averaged 20.1 points a game, but what matters is he is doing it in just 14.7 shots — his true shooting percentage jumped form 42.1 percent in Toronto to start the season to 55.5 percent now (a little above the league average). He’s been efficient since pulling on a Kings’ jersey, which has long been the main knock on his game.
The Kings have a couple tough games over the weekend, hosting Indiana and Denver, before traveling to Utah Monday. Don’t expect to see Gay in any of those games, and worse yet for Sacramento DeMarcus Cousins has a sprained ankle and could miss those games as well.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 7
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7