Jan 23, 2014, 2:55 PM EST
This is good news, it could have been a lot worse. From Mike Monroe of the San Antonio Express-News:
This is exactly the injury Danny Green had, so apparently it is trendy in San Antonio.
Leonard broke the fourth metacarpal right hand when his finger got bent back as he tried to get around a Steven Adams screen during the Spurs loss to the Thunder Wednesday night.
This leaves the Spurs without Leonard, Green and Tiago Splitter all due to injury.
The good news is none of them have serious injuries and all should be back by the end of February, giving the Spurs a full roster to tune up as they head into the playoffs.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 4
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12