Jan 23, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
This is good news, it could have been a lot worse. From Mike Monroe of the San Antonio Express-News:
This is exactly the injury Danny Green had, so apparently it is trendy in San Antonio.
Leonard broke the fourth metacarpal right hand when his finger got bent back as he tried to get around a Steven Adams screen during the Spurs loss to the Thunder Wednesday night.
This leaves the Spurs without Leonard, Green and Tiago Splitter all due to injury.
The good news is none of them have serious injuries and all should be back by the end of February, giving the Spurs a full roster to tune up as they head into the playoffs.
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 49
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 17
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 33
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 64