Jan 23, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
This is good news, it could have been a lot worse. From Mike Monroe of the San Antonio Express-News:
This is exactly the injury Danny Green had, so apparently it is trendy in San Antonio.
Leonard broke the fourth metacarpal right hand when his finger got bent back as he tried to get around a Steven Adams screen during the Spurs loss to the Thunder Wednesday night.
This leaves the Spurs without Leonard, Green and Tiago Splitter all due to injury.
The good news is none of them have serious injuries and all should be back by the end of February, giving the Spurs a full roster to tune up as they head into the playoffs.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 8
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 40
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3