Jan 23, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
This is good news, it could have been a lot worse. From Mike Monroe of the San Antonio Express-News:
This is exactly the injury Danny Green had, so apparently it is trendy in San Antonio.
Leonard broke the fourth metacarpal right hand when his finger got bent back as he tried to get around a Steven Adams screen during the Spurs loss to the Thunder Wednesday night.
This leaves the Spurs without Leonard, Green and Tiago Splitter all due to injury.
The good news is none of them have serious injuries and all should be back by the end of February, giving the Spurs a full roster to tune up as they head into the playoffs.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 11
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7