Jan 23, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
This is good news, it could have been a lot worse. From Mike Monroe of the San Antonio Express-News:
Re-exam of Kawhi Leonard's fractured 4th metacarpal (rt. hand) confirms simple fracture; in splint and out 3-4 weeks—
Mike Monroe (@Monroe_SA) January 23, 2014
This is exactly the injury Danny Green had, so apparently it is trendy in San Antonio.
Leonard broke the fourth metacarpal right hand when his finger got bent back as he tried to get around a Steven Adams screen during the Spurs loss to the Thunder Wednesday night.
This leaves the Spurs without Leonard, Green and Tiago Splitter all due to injury.
The good news is none of them have serious injuries and all should be back by the end of February, giving the Spurs a full roster to tune up as they head into the playoffs.
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 0
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 4
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 18
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 3
- Pacers’ troubles continue as Hawks convincingly win Game 1 32