Jan 23, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
Lance Stephenson became the third player to be fined for flopping this season, but he believes his second infraction — the one seen in the video clip above that occurred earlier this week against the Golden State Warriors — wasn’t a flop at all.
“I don’t feel like I flopped on that possession, it was very slippery on the floor,” said Stephenson, the Pacers’ starting guard. “When I ran into him, he pushed me and I tried to catch my ground and I slipped. I would’ve held my ground if it wasn’t slippery, but it was definitely slippery, so I’m definitely going to fight for that.” …
“I’m definitely going to get my money back on that. I wasn’t flopping on that. The other one was a flop, when I ran out of bounds,” Stephenson said, referring to his exaggerated fall Jan. 7 against the Toronto Raptors.
Stephenson may actually have a point on this one.
While he may have exaggerated the contact with Klay Thompson with his upper body, it does indeed look like he slipped and fell a bit awkwardly on the play.
Given the small amount involved, however, along with the fact that the league really is trying to clean this part of the game up, expect the fine to stand.
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 19
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 9
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 14
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 23