Jan 23, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
Lance Stephenson became the third player to be fined for flopping this season, but he believes his second infraction — the one seen in the video clip above that occurred earlier this week against the Golden State Warriors — wasn’t a flop at all.
“I don’t feel like I flopped on that possession, it was very slippery on the floor,” said Stephenson, the Pacers’ starting guard. “When I ran into him, he pushed me and I tried to catch my ground and I slipped. I would’ve held my ground if it wasn’t slippery, but it was definitely slippery, so I’m definitely going to fight for that.” …
“I’m definitely going to get my money back on that. I wasn’t flopping on that. The other one was a flop, when I ran out of bounds,” Stephenson said, referring to his exaggerated fall Jan. 7 against the Toronto Raptors.
Stephenson may actually have a point on this one.
While he may have exaggerated the contact with Klay Thompson with his upper body, it does indeed look like he slipped and fell a bit awkwardly on the play.
Given the small amount involved, however, along with the fact that the league really is trying to clean this part of the game up, expect the fine to stand.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20