Jan 23, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
For the ninth game in a row, Kevin Durant scored more than 30 points — he had 36 as he sliced, diced then just shot over the top of the Spurs defense. When asked during an in-game interview how to stop the Thunder, Gregg Popovich said “cross your fingers.”
Tony Parker was coming off picks, getting into the paint to hit floaters, then next possession knocking down threes against the Thunder defense on his way to 37 points.
Durant and his Thunder went on to win the game 111-105. He and Parker put on quite the show in the process.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 75
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32