Jan 23, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
For the ninth game in a row, Kevin Durant scored more than 30 points — he had 36 as he sliced, diced then just shot over the top of the Spurs defense. When asked during an in-game interview how to stop the Thunder, Gregg Popovich said “cross your fingers.”
Tony Parker was coming off picks, getting into the paint to hit floaters, then next possession knocking down threes against the Thunder defense on his way to 37 points.
Durant and his Thunder went on to win the game 111-105. He and Parker put on quite the show in the process.
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 1
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8