Jan 23, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
For the ninth game in a row, Kevin Durant scored more than 30 points — he had 36 as he sliced, diced then just shot over the top of the Spurs defense. When asked during an in-game interview how to stop the Thunder, Gregg Popovich said “cross your fingers.”
Tony Parker was coming off picks, getting into the paint to hit floaters, then next possession knocking down threes against the Thunder defense on his way to 37 points.
Durant and his Thunder went on to win the game 111-105. He and Parker put on quite the show in the process.
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 20
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61