Jan 23, 2014, 4:52 PM EDT
Since Al Horford went down for the season the Hawks have leaned pretty heavily on rookie Pero Antic — and he’s been solid. In the last three games he’s averaged better than 12 points and 7 rebounds playing at least 23 minutes a night, and on the season he is shooting 36.7 percent from three. While he’s no Horford he’s a rotation player who is going to get better with more time on the court.
Now the Hawks are going to be without him for 2-4 weeks due to a stress fracture in his ankle, the Hawks announced Thursday.
Atlanta Hawks forward/center Pero Antic suffered a mild right ankle sprain against the Brooklyn Nets in London on Jan. 16. X-rays taken following the game were negative and he continued to play without missing games. An MRI and examination today by Dr. Ashok Reddy at Peachtree Orthopedics in Atlanta revealed a stress fracture to his right ankle. He will now be placed in a protective walking boot.
Just to add to the fun, Atlanta forward DeMarre Carroll has a strained hamstring and is day-to-day.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $80,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday’s NBA games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Friday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
This is going to mean more Elton Brand and Gustavo Ayon for the Hawks, while Paul Millsap — already having the kind of season that has him as a potential All-Star — is going to have to take on more scoring and offense.
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 0
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 25
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17