Jan 23, 2014, 4:55 AM EDT
With the game tied 111-111 and 10 seconds left in overtime, we didn’t really expect Boston’s Gerald Wallace to be the guy bringing the ball up the court. And when he did, we expected he would start to drive and pass it off. If not, he would settle for a pull-up jumper.
But Wallace kept going, all the way to the rim and hit the layup that gave Boston a 113-111 win over the Wizards in Washington. It was an impressive, improbable shot.
But that wasn’t even the best shot of the night for Boston — they don’t even get to overtime unless Jeff Green sinks this one.
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 31
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 52
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 36
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8