Jan 23, 2014, 4:55 AM EDT
With the game tied 111-111 and 10 seconds left in overtime, we didn’t really expect Boston’s Gerald Wallace to be the guy bringing the ball up the court. And when he did, we expected he would start to drive and pass it off. If not, he would settle for a pull-up jumper.
But Wallace kept going, all the way to the rim and hit the layup that gave Boston a 113-111 win over the Wizards in Washington. It was an impressive, improbable shot.
But that wasn’t even the best shot of the night for Boston — they don’t even get to overtime unless Jeff Green sinks this one.
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 12
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 22
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 79
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 10
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38