Jan 23, 2014, 4:55 AM EDT
With the game tied 111-111 and 10 seconds left in overtime, we didn’t really expect Boston’s Gerald Wallace to be the guy bringing the ball up the court. And when he did, we expected he would start to drive and pass it off. If not, he would settle for a pull-up jumper.
But Wallace kept going, all the way to the rim and hit the layup that gave Boston a 113-111 win over the Wizards in Washington. It was an impressive, improbable shot.
But that wasn’t even the best shot of the night for Boston — they don’t even get to overtime unless Jeff Green sinks this one.
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 13
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 25
- Playoff Chase: We know all 16 teams going to dance, who dances with whom still up in air 13
- 2014 PBT Awards: Sixth Man of the Year 14