Jan 23, 2014, 4:55 AM EDT
With the game tied 111-111 and 10 seconds left in overtime, we didn’t really expect Boston’s Gerald Wallace to be the guy bringing the ball up the court. And when he did, we expected he would start to drive and pass it off. If not, he would settle for a pull-up jumper.
But Wallace kept going, all the way to the rim and hit the layup that gave Boston a 113-111 win over the Wizards in Washington. It was an impressive, improbable shot.
But that wasn’t even the best shot of the night for Boston — they don’t even get to overtime unless Jeff Green sinks this one.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40