Jan 23, 2014, 4:55 AM EDT
With the game tied 111-111 and 10 seconds left in overtime, we didn’t really expect Boston’s Gerald Wallace to be the guy bringing the ball up the court. And when he did, we expected he would start to drive and pass it off. If not, he would settle for a pull-up jumper.
But Wallace kept going, all the way to the rim and hit the layup that gave Boston a 113-111 win over the Wizards in Washington. It was an impressive, improbable shot.
But that wasn’t even the best shot of the night for Boston — they don’t even get to overtime unless Jeff Green sinks this one.
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 11
- Phil Jackson wants Carmelo Anthony to take less money to re-sign with Knicks 50
- Report: Frank Vogel “coaching for his job” in wake of team’s slide 20
- Phoenix’s Goran Dragic runs away with Most Improved Player 15
- Report: James Dolan meddles into Phil Jackson’s attempts to fire Knicks employees 56