Jan 22, 2014, 11:24 AM EST
That includes an impressive 46 on Portland Tuesday night, with 11 of those coming in the final 3:30 of the game when he went 4-of-4 with the game on the line. Durant has scored at least 46 points four times in 10 games, the only other player to do that since the NBA/ABA merger is Kobe Bryant (via Marc Stein of ESPN).
If you ask Durant about the MVP race he will blow you off, but this surge may have moved him ahead of LeBron James in that race. There’s half a season to go but right now it is those two battling for the MVP, with everyone else just trying to get their name on the other ballot slots.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 3
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 3
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9