Jan 22, 2014, 11:24 AM EDT
That includes an impressive 46 on Portland Tuesday night, with 11 of those coming in the final 3:30 of the game when he went 4-of-4 with the game on the line. Durant has scored at least 46 points four times in 10 games, the only other player to do that since the NBA/ABA merger is Kobe Bryant (via Marc Stein of ESPN).
If you ask Durant about the MVP race he will blow you off, but this surge may have moved him ahead of LeBron James in that race. There’s half a season to go but right now it is those two battling for the MVP, with everyone else just trying to get their name on the other ballot slots.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36