Jan 22, 2014, 11:24 AM EDT
That includes an impressive 46 on Portland Tuesday night, with 11 of those coming in the final 3:30 of the game when he went 4-of-4 with the game on the line. Durant has scored at least 46 points four times in 10 games, the only other player to do that since the NBA/ABA merger is Kobe Bryant (via Marc Stein of ESPN).
If you ask Durant about the MVP race he will blow you off, but this surge may have moved him ahead of LeBron James in that race. There’s half a season to go but right now it is those two battling for the MVP, with everyone else just trying to get their name on the other ballot slots.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 5
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 13
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 9
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14