Jan 22, 2014, 11:24 AM EDT
That includes an impressive 46 on Portland Tuesday night, with 11 of those coming in the final 3:30 of the game when he went 4-of-4 with the game on the line. Durant has scored at least 46 points four times in 10 games, the only other player to do that since the NBA/ABA merger is Kobe Bryant (via Marc Stein of ESPN).
If you ask Durant about the MVP race he will blow you off, but this surge may have moved him ahead of LeBron James in that race. There’s half a season to go but right now it is those two battling for the MVP, with everyone else just trying to get their name on the other ballot slots.
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 2
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 26
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 21
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6