Jan 22, 2014, 10:01 PM EST
Kawhi Leonard of the San Antonio Spurs left Wednesday’s game against the Thunder with what later was determined to be a fractured hand injury. He (obviously) will not return, and will likely be out for some time.
From Jeff McDonald of the San Antonio Express-News:
Kawhi Leonard has a fractured fourth metacarpal on his right hand. Out for the remainder of the game and probably then some.
— Jeff McDonald (@JMcDonald_SAEN) January 23, 2014
San Antonio sits atop the Western Conference with a record of 32-9, but the injuries would lead you to believe that there will be some slippage there over the next few weeks. That’s less than ideal, but probably fine with the tam in the grand scheme of things, as long as it can get everyone back healthy for the playoff run that doesn’t begin until mid-April.
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 15
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12
- Report: Lakers expect Kobe Bryant to miss rest of season 19