Jan 22, 2014, 10:01 PM EDT
Kawhi Leonard of the San Antonio Spurs left Wednesday’s game against the Thunder with what later was determined to be a fractured hand injury. He (obviously) will not return, and will likely be out for some time.
From Jeff McDonald of the San Antonio Express-News:
Kawhi Leonard has a fractured fourth metacarpal on his right hand. Out for the remainder of the game and probably then some.
— Jeff McDonald (@JMcDonald_SAEN) January 23, 2014
San Antonio sits atop the Western Conference with a record of 32-9, but the injuries would lead you to believe that there will be some slippage there over the next few weeks. That’s less than ideal, but probably fine with the tam in the grand scheme of things, as long as it can get everyone back healthy for the playoff run that doesn’t begin until mid-April.
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 5
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 10
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 70
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14