Jan 22, 2014, 10:01 PM EST
Kawhi Leonard of the San Antonio Spurs left Wednesday’s game against the Thunder with what later was determined to be a fractured hand injury. He (obviously) will not return, and will likely be out for some time.
From Jeff McDonald of the San Antonio Express-News:
Kawhi Leonard has a fractured fourth metacarpal on his right hand. Out for the remainder of the game and probably then some.
— Jeff McDonald (@JMcDonald_SAEN) January 23, 2014
San Antonio sits atop the Western Conference with a record of 32-9, but the injuries would lead you to believe that there will be some slippage there over the next few weeks. That’s less than ideal, but probably fine with the tam in the grand scheme of things, as long as it can get everyone back healthy for the playoff run that doesn’t begin until mid-April.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 26
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 39
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 57
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28