Jan 22, 2014, 10:01 PM EDT
Kawhi Leonard of the San Antonio Spurs left Wednesday’s game against the Thunder with what later was determined to be a fractured hand injury. He (obviously) will not return, and will likely be out for some time.
From Jeff McDonald of the San Antonio Express-News:
Kawhi Leonard has a fractured fourth metacarpal on his right hand. Out for the remainder of the game and probably then some.
— Jeff McDonald (@JMcDonald_SAEN) January 23, 2014
San Antonio sits atop the Western Conference with a record of 32-9, but the injuries would lead you to believe that there will be some slippage there over the next few weeks. That’s less than ideal, but probably fine with the tam in the grand scheme of things, as long as it can get everyone back healthy for the playoff run that doesn’t begin until mid-April.
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 14
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 16
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 41
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17