Jan 22, 2014, 10:01 PM EDT
Kawhi Leonard of the San Antonio Spurs left Wednesday’s game against the Thunder with what later was determined to be a fractured hand injury. He (obviously) will not return, and will likely be out for some time.
From Jeff McDonald of the San Antonio Express-News:
Kawhi Leonard has a fractured fourth metacarpal on his right hand. Out for the remainder of the game and probably then some.
— Jeff McDonald (@JMcDonald_SAEN) January 23, 2014
San Antonio sits atop the Western Conference with a record of 32-9, but the injuries would lead you to believe that there will be some slippage there over the next few weeks. That’s less than ideal, but probably fine with the tam in the grand scheme of things, as long as it can get everyone back healthy for the playoff run that doesn’t begin until mid-April.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9