Jan 22, 2014, 9:02 PM EDT
Despite his reputation as a ball-dominant, inefficient scorer, Rudy Gay has played splendidly since being traded to Sacramento, and was coming off of a 41-point performance on Tuesday night against the Pelicans.
So naturally, since he plays for one of the historically worst franchises in league history, the jinx kicked in and he went down with an injury the very next night.
Gay left the game against the Rockets in the first quarter, after coming up grimacing on a non-contact play. That’s never a good sign, and the Kings announced that Gay had suffered a left Achilles injury that would keep him from returning the rest of the game.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 15
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 40
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19