Jan 22, 2014, 9:02 PM EDT
Despite his reputation as a ball-dominant, inefficient scorer, Rudy Gay has played splendidly since being traded to Sacramento, and was coming off of a 41-point performance on Tuesday night against the Pelicans.
So naturally, since he plays for one of the historically worst franchises in league history, the jinx kicked in and he went down with an injury the very next night.
Gay left the game against the Rockets in the first quarter, after coming up grimacing on a non-contact play. That’s never a good sign, and the Kings announced that Gay had suffered a left Achilles injury that would keep him from returning the rest of the game.
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 0
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 27
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 28