Jan 22, 2014, 9:02 PM EDT
Despite his reputation as a ball-dominant, inefficient scorer, Rudy Gay has played splendidly since being traded to Sacramento, and was coming off of a 41-point performance on Tuesday night against the Pelicans.
So naturally, since he plays for one of the historically worst franchises in league history, the jinx kicked in and he went down with an injury the very next night.
Gay left the game against the Rockets in the first quarter, after coming up grimacing on a non-contact play. That’s never a good sign, and the Kings announced that Gay had suffered a left Achilles injury that would keep him from returning the rest of the game.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 36
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 37
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17