Jan 22, 2014, 9:02 PM EDT
Despite his reputation as a ball-dominant, inefficient scorer, Rudy Gay has played splendidly since being traded to Sacramento, and was coming off of a 41-point performance on Tuesday night against the Pelicans.
So naturally, since he plays for one of the historically worst franchises in league history, the jinx kicked in and he went down with an injury the very next night.
Gay left the game against the Rockets in the first quarter, after coming up grimacing on a non-contact play. That’s never a good sign, and the Kings announced that Gay had suffered a left Achilles injury that would keep him from returning the rest of the game.
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 12
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 4
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 38
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 23