Jan 22, 2014, 9:02 PM EDT
Despite his reputation as a ball-dominant, inefficient scorer, Rudy Gay has played splendidly since being traded to Sacramento, and was coming off of a 41-point performance on Tuesday night against the Pelicans.
So naturally, since he plays for one of the historically worst franchises in league history, the jinx kicked in and he went down with an injury the very next night.
Gay left the game against the Rockets in the first quarter, after coming up grimacing on a non-contact play. That’s never a good sign, and the Kings announced that Gay had suffered a left Achilles injury that would keep him from returning the rest of the game.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 40
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 18
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6