Jan 22, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
In his 18 games with Toronto to start this season, Rudy Gay had a PER of 15.1 and while he scored almost the same amount he had a true shooting percentage of 46.8 percent, well below the league average of 53 percent.
But since the trade to Sacramento Gay has a TS% of 59.6 and has a PER of 19.8 — he has been avery efficient.
That includes Tuesday when he scored 41 on the Pelicans, taking just 25 shots. He has been impressive since the move out West.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85