Jan 22, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
In his 18 games with Toronto to start this season, Rudy Gay had a PER of 15.1 and while he scored almost the same amount he had a true shooting percentage of 46.8 percent, well below the league average of 53 percent.
But since the trade to Sacramento Gay has a TS% of 59.6 and has a PER of 19.8 — he has been avery efficient.
That includes Tuesday when he scored 41 on the Pelicans, taking just 25 shots. He has been impressive since the move out West.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 23
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49