Jan 22, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Thursday night the starters for the 2014 NBA All-Star Game in New Orleans will become official, but we pretty much know who they will be — the East has no close races and the West is seeming settled. Here is who almost certainly gets announced.
Backcourt: Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers), Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors)
Frontcourt: Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder), Dwight Howard (Houston Rockets), Blake Griffin (Los Angeles Clippers).
Which leads to the next question — who should be the reserves?
That question — and who gets snubbed — are what Kay Adams and I discuss in the latest edition of PBT Extra.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6