Jan 22, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Thursday night the starters for the 2014 NBA All-Star Game in New Orleans will become official, but we pretty much know who they will be — the East has no close races and the West is seeming settled. Here is who almost certainly gets announced.
Backcourt: Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers), Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors)
Frontcourt: Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder), Dwight Howard (Houston Rockets), Blake Griffin (Los Angeles Clippers).
Which leads to the next question — who should be the reserves?
That question — and who gets snubbed — are what Kay Adams and I discuss in the latest edition of PBT Extra.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 8
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 28
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 28
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85