Jan 22, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Thursday night the starters for the 2014 NBA All-Star Game in New Orleans will become official, but we pretty much know who they will be — the East has no close races and the West is seeming settled. Here is who almost certainly gets announced.
Backcourt: Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers), Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors)
Frontcourt: Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City Thunder), Dwight Howard (Houston Rockets), Blake Griffin (Los Angeles Clippers).
Which leads to the next question — who should be the reserves?
That question — and who gets snubbed — are what Kay Adams and I discuss in the latest edition of PBT Extra.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 20
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 24
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8