Jan 22, 2014, 10:29 AM EDT
Brandon Knight, come on down, you’re the 22nd player this season to get a flopping warning from the NBA league office.
You can see the play in question above, back from a Jan. 18 game. Houston’s James Harden (already fined for flopping this season himself) was backing down Knight in the post and Knight flopped trying to draw the offensive foul — and it worked as Harden was called for the foul. But Knight exaggerated the contact to get the call.
With this first warning that’s all Knight gets — a warning. If he flops (by the league’s standards) second time he gets a $5,000 fine. Three players have been fined for flopping this season: Harden, Corey Brewer and Lance Stephenson.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32