Jan 22, 2014, 10:29 AM EST
Brandon Knight, come on down, you’re the 22nd player this season to get a flopping warning from the NBA league office.
You can see the play in question above, back from a Jan. 18 game. Houston’s James Harden (already fined for flopping this season himself) was backing down Knight in the post and Knight flopped trying to draw the offensive foul — and it worked as Harden was called for the foul. But Knight exaggerated the contact to get the call.
With this first warning that’s all Knight gets — a warning. If he flops (by the league’s standards) second time he gets a $5,000 fine. Three players have been fined for flopping this season: Harden, Corey Brewer and Lance Stephenson.
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 12
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14