Jan 22, 2014, 10:29 AM EST
Brandon Knight, come on down, you’re the 22nd player this season to get a flopping warning from the NBA league office.
You can see the play in question above, back from a Jan. 18 game. Houston’s James Harden (already fined for flopping this season himself) was backing down Knight in the post and Knight flopped trying to draw the offensive foul — and it worked as Harden was called for the foul. But Knight exaggerated the contact to get the call.
With this first warning that’s all Knight gets — a warning. If he flops (by the league’s standards) second time he gets a $5,000 fine. Three players have been fined for flopping this season: Harden, Corey Brewer and Lance Stephenson.
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 0
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 4
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 21
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 16
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28