Jan 22, 2014, 9:49 AM EDT
Many times when a player makes a shot from half court or beyond, it’s essentially more luck than skill that’s responsible.
Don’t get me wrong, these guys have spent their whole lives in the gym and are elite at what they do, but still, connecting on shots from 47 feet out or more is low-percentage, to say the very least.
This particular shot from Michael Beasley to beat the first quarter buzzer against the Celtics, though, might not have fallen into that category. Beasley collected himself and used a fairly normal shooting motion to drain this one, although it did bank home from straight away, so maybe we need to reconsider.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 15
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 44
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 53
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11