Jan 21, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
The Heat were about to lose to the Hawks on Monday when LeBron James tried to make the final seconds interesting with a three, which missed.
What the league noticed on that play was Mario Chalmers, who comes down the left side and tries to get into rebounding position, gets legitimately bumped from behind, and tries to sell that with a flop where he goes sprawling across the court.
Chalmers makes it 21 NBA players warned for flopping this season. Two guys have been fined, James Harden and Corey Brewer, each $5,000. Just as a reminder, Jameer Nelson just got a $15,000 fine without a warning for doing the Sam Cassell/Major League II/Big Balls dance. So you know what is important.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5