Jan 21, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
The Heat were about to lose to the Hawks on Monday when LeBron James tried to make the final seconds interesting with a three, which missed.
What the league noticed on that play was Mario Chalmers, who comes down the left side and tries to get into rebounding position, gets legitimately bumped from behind, and tries to sell that with a flop where he goes sprawling across the court.
Chalmers makes it 21 NBA players warned for flopping this season. Two guys have been fined, James Harden and Corey Brewer, each $5,000. Just as a reminder, Jameer Nelson just got a $15,000 fine without a warning for doing the Sam Cassell/Major League II/Big Balls dance. So you know what is important.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48