Jan 21, 2014, 8:02 PM EDT
When Dwyane Wade has played this season he has played well — 18.9 points a game with a True Shooting percentage of 58 percent, plus he gets almost five rebounds and five assists a game. He deserves to be an All-Star (you fans are voting him in as a starter).
But he’s missed about a quarter of the Heat’s games this season as they are on a preventative maintenance plan with his knees (looking ahead to the postseason).
Wade is out again Tuesday night as the Heat take on the Celtics. This is his third straight game out, having also sat out Monday in the Heat’s loss to the Hawks.
Ray Allen gets the start for Miami, which is 5-6 in games Wade sits.
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 3
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 8
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 4
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19