Jan 21, 2014, 8:02 PM EDT
When Dwyane Wade has played this season he has played well — 18.9 points a game with a True Shooting percentage of 58 percent, plus he gets almost five rebounds and five assists a game. He deserves to be an All-Star (you fans are voting him in as a starter).
But he’s missed about a quarter of the Heat’s games this season as they are on a preventative maintenance plan with his knees (looking ahead to the postseason).
Wade is out again Tuesday night as the Heat take on the Celtics. This is his third straight game out, having also sat out Monday in the Heat’s loss to the Hawks.
Ray Allen gets the start for Miami, which is 5-6 in games Wade sits.
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 17
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 1
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 23
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 20
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 31
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27