Jan 21, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Since coming over from Memphis Jerryd Bayless has averaged almost 20 minutes a night for Boston, averaging 7.1 points (on just 38 percent shooting) and three assists a night.
However Bayless sprained his toe, is out Tuesday night against Miami and will be out 7-10 days, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
Right now Rajon Rondo gets the start at point for Boston, but he is on a minutes restriction — one loosened a little and he could play up to 25 minutes against Miami. Behind him Avery Bradley and Phil Pressey will get time at the point. So yes, while Bayless is not the answer the Celtics will miss him.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7:30pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Boston has lost 14 of their last 16 games and this week have a Heat/Wizards back-to-back, followed later in the week by the Thunder and the streaking Brooklyn Nets. Meaning more losses look like they will be piling up in Boston — or, on the bright side, they are collecting more lottery Ping-Pong balls.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 10
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 19
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14