Jan 21, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Since coming over from Memphis Jerryd Bayless has averaged almost 20 minutes a night for Boston, averaging 7.1 points (on just 38 percent shooting) and three assists a night.
However Bayless sprained his toe, is out Tuesday night against Miami and will be out 7-10 days, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
Right now Rajon Rondo gets the start at point for Boston, but he is on a minutes restriction — one loosened a little and he could play up to 25 minutes against Miami. Behind him Avery Bradley and Phil Pressey will get time at the point. So yes, while Bayless is not the answer the Celtics will miss him.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7:30pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Boston has lost 14 of their last 16 games and this week have a Heat/Wizards back-to-back, followed later in the week by the Thunder and the streaking Brooklyn Nets. Meaning more losses look like they will be piling up in Boston — or, on the bright side, they are collecting more lottery Ping-Pong balls.
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13