Jan 21, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Since coming over from Memphis Jerryd Bayless has averaged almost 20 minutes a night for Boston, averaging 7.1 points (on just 38 percent shooting) and three assists a night.
However Bayless sprained his toe, is out Tuesday night against Miami and will be out 7-10 days, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
Right now Rajon Rondo gets the start at point for Boston, but he is on a minutes restriction — one loosened a little and he could play up to 25 minutes against Miami. Behind him Avery Bradley and Phil Pressey will get time at the point. So yes, while Bayless is not the answer the Celtics will miss him.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7:30pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Boston has lost 14 of their last 16 games and this week have a Heat/Wizards back-to-back, followed later in the week by the Thunder and the streaking Brooklyn Nets. Meaning more losses look like they will be piling up in Boston — or, on the bright side, they are collecting more lottery Ping-Pong balls.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 0
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 30
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21