Jan 21, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Since coming over from Memphis Jerryd Bayless has averaged almost 20 minutes a night for Boston, averaging 7.1 points (on just 38 percent shooting) and three assists a night.
However Bayless sprained his toe, is out Tuesday night against Miami and will be out 7-10 days, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
Right now Rajon Rondo gets the start at point for Boston, but he is on a minutes restriction — one loosened a little and he could play up to 25 minutes against Miami. Behind him Avery Bradley and Phil Pressey will get time at the point. So yes, while Bayless is not the answer the Celtics will miss him.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7:30pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Boston has lost 14 of their last 16 games and this week have a Heat/Wizards back-to-back, followed later in the week by the Thunder and the streaking Brooklyn Nets. Meaning more losses look like they will be piling up in Boston — or, on the bright side, they are collecting more lottery Ping-Pong balls.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 8
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 19
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30