Jan 21, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Since coming over from Memphis Jerryd Bayless has averaged almost 20 minutes a night for Boston, averaging 7.1 points (on just 38 percent shooting) and three assists a night.
However Bayless sprained his toe, is out Tuesday night against Miami and will be out 7-10 days, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
Right now Rajon Rondo gets the start at point for Boston, but he is on a minutes restriction — one loosened a little and he could play up to 25 minutes against Miami. Behind him Avery Bradley and Phil Pressey will get time at the point. So yes, while Bayless is not the answer the Celtics will miss him.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7:30pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Boston has lost 14 of their last 16 games and this week have a Heat/Wizards back-to-back, followed later in the week by the Thunder and the streaking Brooklyn Nets. Meaning more losses look like they will be piling up in Boston — or, on the bright side, they are collecting more lottery Ping-Pong balls.
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 0
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 8
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 14
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 25
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20