Jan 21, 2014, 11:22 PM EDT
There haven’t been a lot of bright spots in the Celtics’ season, Avery Bradley has been one of them — healthy in his fourth NBA season he has broken out to average 14.8 points a game, shoot 36.5 percent from three and as always be a pesky, impressive defender on the perimeter.
But now he could be lost for a stretch, too.
Bradley limped off the court early in the second quarter, went straight to the locker room and did not return to the game Tuesday in the Celtics’ loss to the Heat, as reported by A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
There was no word officially on how long he’ll be out, but there is this.
With injury to Avery Bradley, Boston will sign Vander Blue of Delaware in D-League to 10 day contract, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.—
Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) January 22, 2014
With Jerryd Bayless is also injured, expect to see a lot of Phil Pressey behind Rajon Rondo. Vander Blue isn’t the answer, he’s a gunner who can fill in for a while as a warm body. Which right now Boston could use.
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 2
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 5
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 68
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14