Jan 21, 2014, 11:22 PM EDT
There haven’t been a lot of bright spots in the Celtics’ season, Avery Bradley has been one of them — healthy in his fourth NBA season he has broken out to average 14.8 points a game, shoot 36.5 percent from three and as always be a pesky, impressive defender on the perimeter.
But now he could be lost for a stretch, too.
Bradley limped off the court early in the second quarter, went straight to the locker room and did not return to the game Tuesday in the Celtics’ loss to the Heat, as reported by A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
There was no word officially on how long he’ll be out, but there is this.
With Jerryd Bayless is also injured, expect to see a lot of Phil Pressey behind Rajon Rondo. Vander Blue isn’t the answer, he’s a gunner who can fill in for a while as a warm body. Which right now Boston could use.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 1
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 22
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 21
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9