Jan 21, 2014, 11:22 PM EDT
There haven’t been a lot of bright spots in the Celtics’ season, Avery Bradley has been one of them — healthy in his fourth NBA season he has broken out to average 14.8 points a game, shoot 36.5 percent from three and as always be a pesky, impressive defender on the perimeter.
But now he could be lost for a stretch, too.
Bradley limped off the court early in the second quarter, went straight to the locker room and did not return to the game Tuesday in the Celtics’ loss to the Heat, as reported by A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
There was no word officially on how long he’ll be out, but there is this.
With injury to Avery Bradley, Boston will sign Vander Blue of Delaware in D-League to 10 day contract, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.—
Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) January 22, 2014
With Jerryd Bayless is also injured, expect to see a lot of Phil Pressey behind Rajon Rondo. Vander Blue isn’t the answer, he’s a gunner who can fill in for a while as a warm body. Which right now Boston could use.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 1
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18