Jan 21, 2014, 11:22 PM EDT
There haven’t been a lot of bright spots in the Celtics’ season, Avery Bradley has been one of them — healthy in his fourth NBA season he has broken out to average 14.8 points a game, shoot 36.5 percent from three and as always be a pesky, impressive defender on the perimeter.
But now he could be lost for a stretch, too.
Bradley limped off the court early in the second quarter, went straight to the locker room and did not return to the game Tuesday in the Celtics’ loss to the Heat, as reported by A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
There was no word officially on how long he’ll be out, but there is this.
With injury to Avery Bradley, Boston will sign Vander Blue of Delaware in D-League to 10 day contract, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.—
Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) January 22, 2014
With Jerryd Bayless is also injured, expect to see a lot of Phil Pressey behind Rajon Rondo. Vander Blue isn’t the answer, he’s a gunner who can fill in for a while as a warm body. Which right now Boston could use.
- Interesting stat: Teams score better in crunch time when they don’t call timeout 4
- Blake Griffin with as powerful a putback dunk as you’ll see (VIDEO) 11
- PBT Podcast: What is with the slumps of Miami, Indiana? Plus of course Phil Jackson talk. 2
- Extra Pass: Beyond Phil Jackson, Knicks should see Tim Hardaway as instrumental to their future 8
- Wednesday NBA grades: Brooklyn is all about The Truth 9