Jan 21, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Should have slid this into our nightly NBA Grades post and thrown an “F” at Cleveland.
It was a long shot anyway, Monday night Cleveland was down three with 2.8 seconds left and they were going to need a fantastic three just to send the game to OT, Dallas knew it and would defend the arc. Mike Brown drew up the play… and Dallas had no trouble sniffing it out. Kyrie Irving was sprinting around off screens but he couldn’t shake free and Plan B was… apparently Jarrett Jack standing there and getting a five second violation.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7:30pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Cleveland had been down 15 in the fourth quarter and to their credit battled back to make it interesting in the end (Monta Ellis missing free throws helped with that) but the Cavs just couldn’t finish. And looked bad doing it.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 26
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9