Jan 21, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Should have slid this into our nightly NBA Grades post and thrown an “F” at Cleveland.
It was a long shot anyway, Monday night Cleveland was down three with 2.8 seconds left and they were going to need a fantastic three just to send the game to OT, Dallas knew it and would defend the arc. Mike Brown drew up the play… and Dallas had no trouble sniffing it out. Kyrie Irving was sprinting around off screens but he couldn’t shake free and Plan B was… apparently Jarrett Jack standing there and getting a five second violation.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7:30pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Cleveland had been down 15 in the fourth quarter and to their credit battled back to make it interesting in the end (Monta Ellis missing free throws helped with that) but the Cavs just couldn’t finish. And looked bad doing it.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 8
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 28
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 28
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85