Jan 21, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Should have slid this into our nightly NBA Grades post and thrown an “F” at Cleveland.
It was a long shot anyway, Monday night Cleveland was down three with 2.8 seconds left and they were going to need a fantastic three just to send the game to OT, Dallas knew it and would defend the arc. Mike Brown drew up the play… and Dallas had no trouble sniffing it out. Kyrie Irving was sprinting around off screens but he couldn’t shake free and Plan B was… apparently Jarrett Jack standing there and getting a five second violation.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7:30pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Cleveland had been down 15 in the fourth quarter and to their credit battled back to make it interesting in the end (Monta Ellis missing free throws helped with that) but the Cavs just couldn’t finish. And looked bad doing it.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 9
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 17
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18