Jan 21, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Should have slid this into our nightly NBA Grades post and thrown an “F” at Cleveland.
It was a long shot anyway, Monday night Cleveland was down three with 2.8 seconds left and they were going to need a fantastic three just to send the game to OT, Dallas knew it and would defend the arc. Mike Brown drew up the play… and Dallas had no trouble sniffing it out. Kyrie Irving was sprinting around off screens but he couldn’t shake free and Plan B was… apparently Jarrett Jack standing there and getting a five second violation.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7:30pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Cleveland had been down 15 in the fourth quarter and to their credit battled back to make it interesting in the end (Monta Ellis missing free throws helped with that) but the Cavs just couldn’t finish. And looked bad doing it.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 9
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 4
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16