Jan 21, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Should have slid this into our nightly NBA Grades post and thrown an “F” at Cleveland.
It was a long shot anyway, Monday night Cleveland was down three with 2.8 seconds left and they were going to need a fantastic three just to send the game to OT, Dallas knew it and would defend the arc. Mike Brown drew up the play… and Dallas had no trouble sniffing it out. Kyrie Irving was sprinting around off screens but he couldn’t shake free and Plan B was… apparently Jarrett Jack standing there and getting a five second violation.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7:30pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Cleveland had been down 15 in the fourth quarter and to their credit battled back to make it interesting in the end (Monta Ellis missing free throws helped with that) but the Cavs just couldn’t finish. And looked bad doing it.
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 0
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 7
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 7
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 8
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 41
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54