Jan 20, 2014, 11:50 PM EDT
If the other team is taking the ball out of bounds and has less than a second to get off a shot at the end of the shot clock — or, let’s say, at the end of the game — the one thing you don’t want to give up is a pass to a guy cutting to the rim. Make them shoot a tough jumper. Every once in a while someone goes Derek Fisher with 0.4 seconds left, but in general that’s a low percentage shot.
The Lakers gave up a high percentage one with 0.9 seconds left in a tied overtime game with the Bulls.
Chicago lined four guys up at the free throw line and basically ran all of them at various angles down to the baseline, occupying a man — just acquired Manny Harris was in for the Lakers and started that play on the high side of that line of Bulls (expecting someone to pop out high, I guess) and when Taj Gibson went to the hole Harris was sealed on the wrong side. Pau Gasol tried to help but Gibson hit the shot and the Bulls get a nice win at home.
Gibson finished with 12 points, D.J. Augustin came off the bench and had 27 to lead the Bulls.
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 1
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 20
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 1
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 33
- Report: One Trail Blazers player gives LaMarcus Aldridge just 50-50 chance of re-signing 10