Jan 20, 2014, 12:58 AM EST
Our quick look around the NBA, or what you missed while watching Richard Sherman get the last word on Michael Crabtree, even if it freaked Erin Andrews out…
Channing Frye, Phoenix Suns. A guy out for all of last season with a heart condition, he has been a key part of the Suns surprise season — he is fearless about letting his shot fly. We all know Frye can knock down the three (he was 5-of-7 Sunday against Denver) and opponents know that also, so they work to run him off the line — Frye is showing he can put the ball on the floor and make the right play. Frye had 30 points on 12-for-16 shooting in this game. It’s great to see him back and playing well.
Isaiah Thomas, Sacramento Kings. The Kings lost on Sunday despite a huge night from Thomas — 38 points on 11-of-18 shooting. Thomas started the game just abusing Reggie Jackson, so Thunder coach Scott Brooks decided to throw gasoline on that fire and put Derek Fisher on Thomas. The Kings point guard was in attack mode and it worked, he just wasn’t getting a lot of help.
Nick Young, Los Angeles Lakers. The Lakers came from 19 points down in the second quarter, 16 in the third to win this game — and the reason was a whole lot of Swaggy P. Young had 24 of his 29 points on the night and he is especially dangerous in games like this where his jumper is falling yet he is still attacking the rim (he got to the line 11 times this game) The Laker have won two on the Grammy road trip.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13