Jan 20, 2014, 12:58 AM EDT
Our quick look around the NBA, or what you missed while watching Richard Sherman get the last word on Michael Crabtree, even if it freaked Erin Andrews out…
Channing Frye, Phoenix Suns. A guy out for all of last season with a heart condition, he has been a key part of the Suns surprise season — he is fearless about letting his shot fly. We all know Frye can knock down the three (he was 5-of-7 Sunday against Denver) and opponents know that also, so they work to run him off the line — Frye is showing he can put the ball on the floor and make the right play. Frye had 30 points on 12-for-16 shooting in this game. It’s great to see him back and playing well.
Isaiah Thomas, Sacramento Kings. The Kings lost on Sunday despite a huge night from Thomas — 38 points on 11-of-18 shooting. Thomas started the game just abusing Reggie Jackson, so Thunder coach Scott Brooks decided to throw gasoline on that fire and put Derek Fisher on Thomas. The Kings point guard was in attack mode and it worked, he just wasn’t getting a lot of help.
Nick Young, Los Angeles Lakers. The Lakers came from 19 points down in the second quarter, 16 in the third to win this game — and the reason was a whole lot of Swaggy P. Young had 24 of his 29 points on the night and he is especially dangerous in games like this where his jumper is falling yet he is still attacking the rim (he got to the line 11 times this game) The Laker have won two on the Grammy road trip.
- Kobe Bryant says elite players like LeBron, himself are underpaid. He’s right. 21
- It’s done: Kevin Love traded to Cavaliers, Andrew Wiggins headed to Minnesota in three-team deal 35
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 8
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 30
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 80
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16