Jan 20, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
It’s been about a year since Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Garnett spent a long stretch of a Knicks-Celtics game jawing back and forth. Melo was so upset, he even waited for Garnett outside the Boston bus.
But it seems Melo and Garnett are past what will always be remembered – accurately or inaccurately – as the “Honey Nut Cheerios” incident.
“I don’t have no problem with him,’’ Anthony said. “He don’t have no problem with me. We talk. We laugh. We joke. I see him out and abouts. No problems.’’
The Celtics-Knicks, and now Nets-Knicks, rivalries are better because Melo and Garnett compete with such passion. That certainly makes for a better viewing experience.
And if Melo and Garnett can bring that intensity on the court and put it aside off the court? That’s the best of both worlds.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 28
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 42
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4