Jan 20, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
It’s been about a year since Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Garnett spent a long stretch of a Knicks-Celtics game jawing back and forth. Melo was so upset, he even waited for Garnett outside the Boston bus.
But it seems Melo and Garnett are past what will always be remembered – accurately or inaccurately – as the “Honey Nut Cheerios” incident.
“I don’t have no problem with him,’’ Anthony said. “He don’t have no problem with me. We talk. We laugh. We joke. I see him out and abouts. No problems.’’
The Celtics-Knicks, and now Nets-Knicks, rivalries are better because Melo and Garnett compete with such passion. That certainly makes for a better viewing experience.
And if Melo and Garnett can bring that intensity on the court and put it aside off the court? That’s the best of both worlds.
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 60
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89