Jan 20, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
It’s been about a year since Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Garnett spent a long stretch of a Knicks-Celtics game jawing back and forth. Melo was so upset, he even waited for Garnett outside the Boston bus.
But it seems Melo and Garnett are past what will always be remembered – accurately or inaccurately – as the “Honey Nut Cheerios” incident.
“I don’t have no problem with him,’’ Anthony said. “He don’t have no problem with me. We talk. We laugh. We joke. I see him out and abouts. No problems.’’
The Celtics-Knicks, and now Nets-Knicks, rivalries are better because Melo and Garnett compete with such passion. That certainly makes for a better viewing experience.
And if Melo and Garnett can bring that intensity on the court and put it aside off the court? That’s the best of both worlds.
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 0
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36