Jan 20, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
It’s been about a year since Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Garnett spent a long stretch of a Knicks-Celtics game jawing back and forth. Melo was so upset, he even waited for Garnett outside the Boston bus.
But it seems Melo and Garnett are past what will always be remembered – accurately or inaccurately – as the “Honey Nut Cheerios” incident.
“I don’t have no problem with him,’’ Anthony said. “He don’t have no problem with me. We talk. We laugh. We joke. I see him out and abouts. No problems.’’
The Celtics-Knicks, and now Nets-Knicks, rivalries are better because Melo and Garnett compete with such passion. That certainly makes for a better viewing experience.
And if Melo and Garnett can bring that intensity on the court and put it aside off the court? That’s the best of both worlds.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 15
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 44
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 53
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11