Jan 19, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
You need to get ahead to the 1:42 in the highlights above to see what set Sacramento Kings head coach Michael Malone off.
The Kings were down by one and going for the last shot, Rudy Gay ends up with the ball around the free throw line, is double teamed and tried to go up with it. The Kings thought he was fouled, a reach in by Tayshaun Prince. If you asked me the right call might have been a travel as Gay went up-and-down with the ball (not giving the foul call in that spot, personally. But the referees decided that Gay was tied up and called a jump ball.
Malone has every right to be frustrated, but if you walk out on the court and confront NBA officials on the court after a game you get fined — the league hit Malone with a $25,000 fine.
On the bright side for Malone, he didn’t get fined as much as Mark Cuban for the same thing.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 7
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 35
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11