Jan 19, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
You need to get ahead to the 1:42 in the highlights above to see what set Sacramento Kings head coach Michael Malone off.
The Kings were down by one and going for the last shot, Rudy Gay ends up with the ball around the free throw line, is double teamed and tried to go up with it. The Kings thought he was fouled, a reach in by Tayshaun Prince. If you asked me the right call might have been a travel as Gay went up-and-down with the ball (not giving the foul call in that spot, personally. But the referees decided that Gay was tied up and called a jump ball.
Malone has every right to be frustrated, but if you walk out on the court and confront NBA officials on the court after a game you get fined — the league hit Malone with a $25,000 fine.
On the bright side for Malone, he didn’t get fined as much as Mark Cuban for the same thing.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 11
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30