Jan 19, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
You need to get ahead to the 1:42 in the highlights above to see what set Sacramento Kings head coach Michael Malone off.
The Kings were down by one and going for the last shot, Rudy Gay ends up with the ball around the free throw line, is double teamed and tried to go up with it. The Kings thought he was fouled, a reach in by Tayshaun Prince. If you asked me the right call might have been a travel as Gay went up-and-down with the ball (not giving the foul call in that spot, personally. But the referees decided that Gay was tied up and called a jump ball.
Malone has every right to be frustrated, but if you walk out on the court and confront NBA officials on the court after a game you get fined — the league hit Malone with a $25,000 fine.
On the bright side for Malone, he didn’t get fined as much as Mark Cuban for the same thing.
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 0
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 13
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 2
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 25
- Playoff Chase: We know all 16 teams going to dance, who dances with whom still up in air 13