Jan 19, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
You need to get ahead to the 1:42 in the highlights above to see what set Sacramento Kings head coach Michael Malone off.
The Kings were down by one and going for the last shot, Rudy Gay ends up with the ball around the free throw line, is double teamed and tried to go up with it. The Kings thought he was fouled, a reach in by Tayshaun Prince. If you asked me the right call might have been a travel as Gay went up-and-down with the ball (not giving the foul call in that spot, personally. But the referees decided that Gay was tied up and called a jump ball.
Malone has every right to be frustrated, but if you walk out on the court and confront NBA officials on the court after a game you get fined — the league hit Malone with a $25,000 fine.
On the bright side for Malone, he didn’t get fined as much as Mark Cuban for the same thing.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 14
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 13
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 15
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 23
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80