Jan 19, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
You need to get ahead to the 1:42 in the highlights above to see what set Sacramento Kings head coach Michael Malone off.
The Kings were down by one and going for the last shot, Rudy Gay ends up with the ball around the free throw line, is double teamed and tried to go up with it. The Kings thought he was fouled, a reach in by Tayshaun Prince. If you asked me the right call might have been a travel as Gay went up-and-down with the ball (not giving the foul call in that spot, personally. But the referees decided that Gay was tied up and called a jump ball.
Malone has every right to be frustrated, but if you walk out on the court and confront NBA officials on the court after a game you get fined — the league hit Malone with a $25,000 fine.
On the bright side for Malone, he didn’t get fined as much as Mark Cuban for the same thing.
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 1
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 34
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17