Jan 19, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
It wasn’t much of an elbow, but it was one during a dead ball and the league has not looked kindly on it.
David West of the Indiana Pacers got a $15,000 for the above elbow to Blake Griffin‘s head, during the Pacers’ 106-92 win over the Clippers Saturday. West was issued a Flagrant 2 foul and ejected from the game for that play.
It had been a chippy, physical game between the Pacers and Clippers, but this was a clear elbow thrown to the head after the whistle. West and Griffin both were trying to play the silly “I have to control the ball after play” game that doesn’t really work as a tactic on good teams. It was a silly foul.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8