Jan 19, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
It wasn’t much of an elbow, but it was one during a dead ball and the league has not looked kindly on it.
David West of the Indiana Pacers got a $15,000 for the above elbow to Blake Griffin‘s head, during the Pacers’ 106-92 win over the Clippers Saturday. West was issued a Flagrant 2 foul and ejected from the game for that play.
It had been a chippy, physical game between the Pacers and Clippers, but this was a clear elbow thrown to the head after the whistle. West and Griffin both were trying to play the silly “I have to control the ball after play” game that doesn’t really work as a tactic on good teams. It was a silly foul.
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 14
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 24
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24