Jan 19, 2014, 3:29 PM EST
It wasn’t much of an elbow, but it was one during a dead ball and the league has not looked kindly on it.
David West of the Indiana Pacers got a $15,000 for the above elbow to Blake Griffin‘s head, during the Pacers’ 106-92 win over the Clippers Saturday. West was issued a Flagrant 2 foul and ejected from the game for that play.
It had been a chippy, physical game between the Pacers and Clippers, but this was a clear elbow thrown to the head after the whistle. West and Griffin both were trying to play the silly “I have to control the ball after play” game that doesn’t really work as a tactic on good teams. It was a silly foul.
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 0
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 4
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 21
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 18
- Paul George wants LeBron James to be his mentor 41