Jan 19, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
It wasn’t much of an elbow, but it was one during a dead ball and the league has not looked kindly on it.
David West of the Indiana Pacers got a $15,000 for the above elbow to Blake Griffin‘s head, during the Pacers’ 106-92 win over the Clippers Saturday. West was issued a Flagrant 2 foul and ejected from the game for that play.
It had been a chippy, physical game between the Pacers and Clippers, but this was a clear elbow thrown to the head after the whistle. West and Griffin both were trying to play the silly “I have to control the ball after play” game that doesn’t really work as a tactic on good teams. It was a silly foul.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 11
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 22
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30