Jan 19, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
It wasn’t much of an elbow, but it was one during a dead ball and the league has not looked kindly on it.
David West of the Indiana Pacers got a $15,000 for the above elbow to Blake Griffin‘s head, during the Pacers’ 106-92 win over the Clippers Saturday. West was issued a Flagrant 2 foul and ejected from the game for that play.
It had been a chippy, physical game between the Pacers and Clippers, but this was a clear elbow thrown to the head after the whistle. West and Griffin both were trying to play the silly “I have to control the ball after play” game that doesn’t really work as a tactic on good teams. It was a silly foul.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 11
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 37
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 49
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 17
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11