Jan 19, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Dennis Rodman has been in the news lately for his multiple trips to North Korea, the latest of which involved bringing former NBA stars there to play basketball.
Following a bizarre and angry outburst on live television, Rodman’s agent Darren Prince says his client has entered a rehab facility to treat his admittedly long-standing issue with alcohol.
From the Associated Press:
Dennis Rodman has checked into an undisclosed alcohol rehabilitation center to treat his long-time struggle with alcoholism, his agent says. …
“What was potentially a historic and monumental event turned into a nightmare for everyone concerned,” Prince said. “Dennis Rodman came back from North Korea in pretty rough shape emotionally. The pressure that was put on him to be a combination `super human’ political figure and `fixer’ got the better of him.
“He is embarrassed, saddened and remorseful for the anger and hurt his words have caused.”
Rodman has a history of quirky behavior, and has remained in the public eye over the years because of it. If he truly has a problem and is interested in change, then best wishes to him in accomplishing that.
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 9
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5