Jan 19, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Dennis Rodman has been in the news lately for his multiple trips to North Korea, the latest of which involved bringing former NBA stars there to play basketball.
Following a bizarre and angry outburst on live television, Rodman’s agent Darren Prince says his client has entered a rehab facility to treat his admittedly long-standing issue with alcohol.
From the Associated Press:
Dennis Rodman has checked into an undisclosed alcohol rehabilitation center to treat his long-time struggle with alcoholism, his agent says. …
“What was potentially a historic and monumental event turned into a nightmare for everyone concerned,” Prince said. “Dennis Rodman came back from North Korea in pretty rough shape emotionally. The pressure that was put on him to be a combination `super human’ political figure and `fixer’ got the better of him.
“He is embarrassed, saddened and remorseful for the anger and hurt his words have caused.”
Rodman has a history of quirky behavior, and has remained in the public eye over the years because of it. If he truly has a problem and is interested in change, then best wishes to him in accomplishing that.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 11
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14