Jan 19, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Dennis Rodman has been in the news lately for his multiple trips to North Korea, the latest of which involved bringing former NBA stars there to play basketball.
Following a bizarre and angry outburst on live television, Rodman’s agent Darren Prince says his client has entered a rehab facility to treat his admittedly long-standing issue with alcohol.
From the Associated Press:
Dennis Rodman has checked into an undisclosed alcohol rehabilitation center to treat his long-time struggle with alcoholism, his agent says. …
“What was potentially a historic and monumental event turned into a nightmare for everyone concerned,” Prince said. “Dennis Rodman came back from North Korea in pretty rough shape emotionally. The pressure that was put on him to be a combination `super human’ political figure and `fixer’ got the better of him.
“He is embarrassed, saddened and remorseful for the anger and hurt his words have caused.”
Rodman has a history of quirky behavior, and has remained in the public eye over the years because of it. If he truly has a problem and is interested in change, then best wishes to him in accomplishing that.
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 10
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 51
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10