Jan 19, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Dennis Rodman has been in the news lately for his multiple trips to North Korea, the latest of which involved bringing former NBA stars there to play basketball.
Following a bizarre and angry outburst on live television, Rodman’s agent Darren Prince says his client has entered a rehab facility to treat his admittedly long-standing issue with alcohol.
From the Associated Press:
Dennis Rodman has checked into an undisclosed alcohol rehabilitation center to treat his long-time struggle with alcoholism, his agent says. …
“What was potentially a historic and monumental event turned into a nightmare for everyone concerned,” Prince said. “Dennis Rodman came back from North Korea in pretty rough shape emotionally. The pressure that was put on him to be a combination `super human’ political figure and `fixer’ got the better of him.
“He is embarrassed, saddened and remorseful for the anger and hurt his words have caused.”
Rodman has a history of quirky behavior, and has remained in the public eye over the years because of it. If he truly has a problem and is interested in change, then best wishes to him in accomplishing that.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 7
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 6
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10