Jan 19, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Dennis Rodman has been in the news lately for his multiple trips to North Korea, the latest of which involved bringing former NBA stars there to play basketball.
Following a bizarre and angry outburst on live television, Rodman’s agent Darren Prince says his client has entered a rehab facility to treat his admittedly long-standing issue with alcohol.
From the Associated Press:
Dennis Rodman has checked into an undisclosed alcohol rehabilitation center to treat his long-time struggle with alcoholism, his agent says. …
“What was potentially a historic and monumental event turned into a nightmare for everyone concerned,” Prince said. “Dennis Rodman came back from North Korea in pretty rough shape emotionally. The pressure that was put on him to be a combination `super human’ political figure and `fixer’ got the better of him.
“He is embarrassed, saddened and remorseful for the anger and hurt his words have caused.”
Rodman has a history of quirky behavior, and has remained in the public eye over the years because of it. If he truly has a problem and is interested in change, then best wishes to him in accomplishing that.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 20
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7