Paul George asked to participate in dunk contest, three-point shootout and skills challenge over All-Star weekend
Jan 18, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
The Pacers have been the best team in the league over the first half of the season, and have the best record to show for it. They’ve consistently played at an elite level, and Paul George has been the team’s best player during that stretch.
It makes sense, then, that the league would like to give some extra shine to George and the Pacers during its All-Star weekend festivities. As a result, George has reportedly been invited to take part in any or all of the exhibitions that take place on All-Star Saturday night.
Paul George was asked to take part in the slam dunk, 3pt, skills challenge at All-Stars. Hasn’t declined, but rather enjoy the weekend.
Though the chances are slim, George said he’ll consider competing in an event, and he plans to decide in the next few days.
Obviously, George won’t do all three, and if the league gets him for even one, it’ll be a huge boost to the event that he chooses.
The Pacers have made it clear that they are out to get the number one overall playoff seed after losing a Game 7 on the road in the Eastern Conference Finals last year. All-Star weekend is often a time for players to rest and recharge, and with George already a lock to play in the main event that Sunday night, anything he chooses to participate in on Saturday would simply be an added bonus.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50