Jan 17, 2014, 1:03 AM EDT
This is how you protect the rim.
The Knicks were just 8-of-17 inside the restricted area and shot 41.7 percent on the night inside 8 feet of the rim — that is the Roy Hibbert effect. He is the best in the game at altering shots in the paint.
Or just blocking you at the rim. Ask Carmelo Anthony. This is twice Hibbert has shut down an Anthony dunk, he did it during the playoffs last season as well.
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 3
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 12
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 18
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8