Jan 17, 2014, 1:03 AM EDT
This is how you protect the rim.
The Knicks were just 8-of-17 inside the restricted area and shot 41.7 percent on the night inside 8 feet of the rim — that is the Roy Hibbert effect. He is the best in the game at altering shots in the paint.
Or just blocking you at the rim. Ask Carmelo Anthony. This is twice Hibbert has shut down an Anthony dunk, he did it during the playoffs last season as well.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 7
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 28
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 52
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 85
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13