Jan 17, 2014, 1:03 AM EDT
This is how you protect the rim.
The Knicks were just 8-of-17 inside the restricted area and shot 41.7 percent on the night inside 8 feet of the rim — that is the Roy Hibbert effect. He is the best in the game at altering shots in the paint.
Or just blocking you at the rim. Ask Carmelo Anthony. This is twice Hibbert has shut down an Anthony dunk, he did it during the playoffs last season as well.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85