Jan 17, 2014, 10:38 AM EDT
“It was an embarrassing loss. It’s a frustrating loss, man. We’re on the road and I felt like we could have played a lot better, a lot harder, than we did. This was a big game, against a big-time team, and we didn’t bring it.”
Yeah, the Knicks probably could have played harder, but the Pacers are clearly the better team. This was a “big” game only because of the national TNT telecast and New York’s market size. Purely in terms of basketball, this was just a top-end team beating a mediocre team. Nothing more, nothing less.
And though I generally agree with Melo that the Knicks’ effort level was poor, it’s not as if they never brought it. Sometimes, they brought it and it just got sent right back.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 0
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 18
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48