Jan 17, 2014, 10:38 AM EDT
“It was an embarrassing loss. It’s a frustrating loss, man. We’re on the road and I felt like we could have played a lot better, a lot harder, than we did. This was a big game, against a big-time team, and we didn’t bring it.”
Yeah, the Knicks probably could have played harder, but the Pacers are clearly the better team. This was a “big” game only because of the national TNT telecast and New York’s market size. Purely in terms of basketball, this was just a top-end team beating a mediocre team. Nothing more, nothing less.
And though I generally agree with Melo that the Knicks’ effort level was poor, it’s not as if they never brought it. Sometimes, they brought it and it just got sent right back.
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 2
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 12
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 7
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 12
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 38
- Dwight Howard says he wants to move on from Kobe, Lakers. Actions show feud going strong. 45
- NBA Opening Night Winners/Losers: Big nights for The Beard and The Brow 27