Jan 17, 2014, 10:38 AM EDT
“It was an embarrassing loss. It’s a frustrating loss, man. We’re on the road and I felt like we could have played a lot better, a lot harder, than we did. This was a big game, against a big-time team, and we didn’t bring it.”
Yeah, the Knicks probably could have played harder, but the Pacers are clearly the better team. This was a “big” game only because of the national TNT telecast and New York’s market size. Purely in terms of basketball, this was just a top-end team beating a mediocre team. Nothing more, nothing less.
And though I generally agree with Melo that the Knicks’ effort level was poor, it’s not as if they never brought it. Sometimes, they brought it and it just got sent right back.
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed to, team to stay in Milwaukee 7
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 13
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 17
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 1
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 14