Jan 17, 2014, 10:38 AM EDT
“It was an embarrassing loss. It’s a frustrating loss, man. We’re on the road and I felt like we could have played a lot better, a lot harder, than we did. This was a big game, against a big-time team, and we didn’t bring it.”
Yeah, the Knicks probably could have played harder, but the Pacers are clearly the better team. This was a “big” game only because of the national TNT telecast and New York’s market size. Purely in terms of basketball, this was just a top-end team beating a mediocre team. Nothing more, nothing less.
And though I generally agree with Melo that the Knicks’ effort level was poor, it’s not as if they never brought it. Sometimes, they brought it and it just got sent right back.
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 0
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20