Jan 17, 2014, 5:49 PM EST
Lance Stephenson‘s 28 points on the Knicks — and how he plays with a real flair — has a lot of people around the NBA asking if he is an All-Star?
That’s the first topic in the latest edition of the ProBasketballTalk Podcast, featuring myself and Brett Pollakoff of PBT, plus Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio. The general consensus, yes he should make the cut. If Rajon Rondo and Derrick Rose were healthy this would be a different conversation, but with both out (in Rondo’s case he returns Friday but that’s not going to win him points among coaches, who select the reserves).
After that we talk about the Lakers’ “fight” and Nick Young, the from there more foolishness in L.A. with Magic Johnson vs. Jim Buss.
Finally, do the Heat need home court to beat the Pacers? And why would Paul George give the Heat bulletin board material?
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 7
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 21
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 15
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 9
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7