Jan 17, 2014, 5:49 PM EDT
Lance Stephenson‘s 28 points on the Knicks — and how he plays with a real flair — has a lot of people around the NBA asking if he is an All-Star?
That’s the first topic in the latest edition of the ProBasketballTalk Podcast, featuring myself and Brett Pollakoff of PBT, plus Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio. The general consensus, yes he should make the cut. If Rajon Rondo and Derrick Rose were healthy this would be a different conversation, but with both out (in Rondo’s case he returns Friday but that’s not going to win him points among coaches, who select the reserves).
After that we talk about the Lakers’ “fight” and Nick Young, the from there more foolishness in L.A. with Magic Johnson vs. Jim Buss.
Finally, do the Heat need home court to beat the Pacers? And why would Paul George give the Heat bulletin board material?
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 17
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 42
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 23
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23