Jan 16, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
Andy Kaufman is not dead.
He lives on in the form of Matt Bonner, the Spurs reserve stretch four. Every year the Spurs put on a charity event called “Tux N’ Tennies” (raising money for the Silver & Black Give Back Foundation) where the players get up on stage (wearing a tux with basketball shoes) and perform a skit or show off some talent.
This year Bonner recreated a legendary Kaufman skit (one Kaufman did on an early Saturday Night Live), with the record player and “singing” the theme to Mighty Mouse. And Bonner nailed it. He got the little nuances down just so. Brilliantly done.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30