Jan 16, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
Andy Kaufman is not dead.
He lives on in the form of Matt Bonner, the Spurs reserve stretch four. Every year the Spurs put on a charity event called “Tux N’ Tennies” (raising money for the Silver & Black Give Back Foundation) where the players get up on stage (wearing a tux with basketball shoes) and perform a skit or show off some talent.
This year Bonner recreated a legendary Kaufman skit (one Kaufman did on an early Saturday Night Live), with the record player and “singing” the theme to Mighty Mouse. And Bonner nailed it. He got the little nuances down just so. Brilliantly done.
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 7
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 30
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 10
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 9
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 18