Jan 16, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
Andy Kaufman is not dead.
He lives on in the form of Matt Bonner, the Spurs reserve stretch four. Every year the Spurs put on a charity event called “Tux N’ Tennies” (raising money for the Silver & Black Give Back Foundation) where the players get up on stage (wearing a tux with basketball shoes) and perform a skit or show off some talent.
This year Bonner recreated a legendary Kaufman skit (one Kaufman did on an early Saturday Night Live), with the record player and “singing” the theme to Mighty Mouse. And Bonner nailed it. He got the little nuances down just so. Brilliantly done.
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 19
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 39
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 7
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 24
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 11