Jan 16, 2014, 12:03 PM EST
Andy Kaufman is not dead.
He lives on in the form of Matt Bonner, the Spurs reserve stretch four. Every year the Spurs put on a charity event called “Tux N’ Tennies” (raising money for the Silver & Black Give Back Foundation) where the players get up on stage (wearing a tux with basketball shoes) and perform a skit or show off some talent.
This year Bonner recreated a legendary Kaufman skit (one Kaufman did on an early Saturday Night Live), with the record player and “singing” the theme to Mighty Mouse. And Bonner nailed it. He got the little nuances down just so. Brilliantly done.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 0
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 1
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 16
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 42
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 7
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45