Jan 16, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
Andy Kaufman is not dead.
He lives on in the form of Matt Bonner, the Spurs reserve stretch four. Every year the Spurs put on a charity event called “Tux N’ Tennies” (raising money for the Silver & Black Give Back Foundation) where the players get up on stage (wearing a tux with basketball shoes) and perform a skit or show off some talent.
This year Bonner recreated a legendary Kaufman skit (one Kaufman did on an early Saturday Night Live), with the record player and “singing” the theme to Mighty Mouse. And Bonner nailed it. He got the little nuances down just so. Brilliantly done.
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 10
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 53
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 57
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46