Jan 16, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
You can call it the “Sam Cassell Dance” (which is my preferred moniker). You can call it the “big balls dance.” You can call it the “Pedro Sorano Dance” from Major League II and you’d be right about the origin of it.
Whatever you call it, you can’t do it in the NBA.
Orlando’s Jameer Nelson did do it during the Magic’s 3OT loss to the Chicago Bulls on Wednesday night after he hit the game-tying shot with :11 left in regulation. So the league came down on him with a $15,000 fine for an “obscene gesture” on Thursday.
That’s in line with what the league always fines for the dance. I think Zach Lowe summed up my feelings on this fine well.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 9
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 25
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 21
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 99
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78