Jan 16, 2014, 12:59 PM EST
You can call it the “Sam Cassell Dance” (which is my preferred moniker). You can call it the “big balls dance.” You can call it the “Pedro Sorano Dance” from Major League II and you’d be right about the origin of it.
Whatever you call it, you can’t do it in the NBA.
Orlando’s Jameer Nelson did do it during the Magic’s 3OT loss to the Chicago Bulls on Wednesday night after he hit the game-tying shot with :11 left in regulation. So the league came down on him with a $15,000 fine for an “obscene gesture” on Thursday.
That’s in line with what the league always fines for the dance. I think Zach Lowe summed up my feelings on this fine well.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 8
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 6
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 17
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 47
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45