Jan 15, 2014, 12:59 PM EST
Sir Lancelot is emphatic. If nothing else.
Lance Stephenson hit it out of the park — “he can hold the ball like MJ!” That is classic.
Will Stephenson make the team? Well, fans get to vote for the starters… and vote for Stephenson if you want but he’s not going to be a starter — with six days left of voting he was more than 500,000 votes behind Kyrie Irving for the second starter’s spot. He’s not covering that ground, sorry Sir Lancelot. Irving and Dwyane Wade will get the fan votes and start in the East.
But Stephenson may very well be a reserve (selected by the coaches). Three more guards will be named to the team from the East and a few likely locks (Derrick Rose, Deron Williams, Rajon Rondo) will not get picked due to injury. (Yes, Rondo will be back on the court but having only played a couple of weeks he will not get selected by the coaches this season.) Of the remaining guys Stephenson stands a good chance to make it (as does John Wall; then maybe DeMar DeRozan, Kyle Lowry, Ray Allen or Arron Afflalo gets the last spot).
Stephenson likely would make four guys representing the Pacers in New Orleans. Paul George will be voted in as a starter in the East, Roy Hibbert is a likely lock as a reserve, and Frank Vogel will coach the Eastern Conference All-Stars.
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 9
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 14
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 4
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 4
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 22
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 10