Jan 15, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
Sir Lancelot is emphatic. If nothing else.
Lance Stephenson hit it out of the park — “he can hold the ball like MJ!” That is classic.
Will Stephenson make the team? Well, fans get to vote for the starters… and vote for Stephenson if you want but he’s not going to be a starter — with six days left of voting he was more than 500,000 votes behind Kyrie Irving for the second starter’s spot. He’s not covering that ground, sorry Sir Lancelot. Irving and Dwyane Wade will get the fan votes and start in the East.
But Stephenson may very well be a reserve (selected by the coaches). Three more guards will be named to the team from the East and a few likely locks (Derrick Rose, Deron Williams, Rajon Rondo) will not get picked due to injury. (Yes, Rondo will be back on the court but having only played a couple of weeks he will not get selected by the coaches this season.) Of the remaining guys Stephenson stands a good chance to make it (as does John Wall; then maybe DeMar DeRozan, Kyle Lowry, Ray Allen or Arron Afflalo gets the last spot).
Stephenson likely would make four guys representing the Pacers in New Orleans. Paul George will be voted in as a starter in the East, Roy Hibbert is a likely lock as a reserve, and Frank Vogel will coach the Eastern Conference All-Stars.
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 2
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 8
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 32
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11