Jan 15, 2014, 10:36 PM EDT
Nick Young didn’t take kindly to the hard foul he received from Alex Len in the second quarter of the Lakers’ matchup against the Suns on Wednesday, and immediately bounced up and started throwing punches.
Young got into it with Len and Goran Dragic before officials intervened and separated everyone, and Young and Len ended up being ejected for their actions.
In Len’s defense, he’s a rookie who hasn’t played much and is tasked with protecting the rim, and likely was just misguided in his attempt to stop Young in his chance at an easy basket.
Young overreacted here, obviously, despite the hard fall that he took following the contact from Len. To come up swinging doesn’t make much sense, and it’s likely to cost him both playing time and dollars in the form of a suspension from the league office.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 12
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36