Jan 15, 2014, 10:36 PM EST
Nick Young didn’t take kindly to the hard foul he received from Alex Len in the second quarter of the Lakers’ matchup against the Suns on Wednesday, and immediately bounced up and started throwing punches.
Young got into it with Len and Goran Dragic before officials intervened and separated everyone, and Young and Len ended up being ejected for their actions.
In Len’s defense, he’s a rookie who hasn’t played much and is tasked with protecting the rim, and likely was just misguided in his attempt to stop Young in his chance at an easy basket.
Young overreacted here, obviously, despite the hard fall that he took following the contact from Len. To come up swinging doesn’t make much sense, and it’s likely to cost him both playing time and dollars in the form of a suspension from the league office.
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 16
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 4
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11