Jan 15, 2014, 10:36 PM EDT
Nick Young didn’t take kindly to the hard foul he received from Alex Len in the second quarter of the Lakers’ matchup against the Suns on Wednesday, and immediately bounced up and started throwing punches.
Young got into it with Len and Goran Dragic before officials intervened and separated everyone, and Young and Len ended up being ejected for their actions.
In Len’s defense, he’s a rookie who hasn’t played much and is tasked with protecting the rim, and likely was just misguided in his attempt to stop Young in his chance at an easy basket.
Young overreacted here, obviously, despite the hard fall that he took following the contact from Len. To come up swinging doesn’t make much sense, and it’s likely to cost him both playing time and dollars in the form of a suspension from the league office.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8