Jan 15, 2014, 10:36 PM EST
Nick Young didn’t take kindly to the hard foul he received from Alex Len in the second quarter of the Lakers’ matchup against the Suns on Wednesday, and immediately bounced up and started throwing punches.
Young got into it with Len and Goran Dragic before officials intervened and separated everyone, and Young and Len ended up being ejected for their actions.
In Len’s defense, he’s a rookie who hasn’t played much and is tasked with protecting the rim, and likely was just misguided in his attempt to stop Young in his chance at an easy basket.
Young overreacted here, obviously, despite the hard fall that he took following the contact from Len. To come up swinging doesn’t make much sense, and it’s likely to cost him both playing time and dollars in the form of a suspension from the league office.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10