Jan 15, 2014, 10:36 PM EDT
Nick Young didn’t take kindly to the hard foul he received from Alex Len in the second quarter of the Lakers’ matchup against the Suns on Wednesday, and immediately bounced up and started throwing punches.
Young got into it with Len and Goran Dragic before officials intervened and separated everyone, and Young and Len ended up being ejected for their actions.
In Len’s defense, he’s a rookie who hasn’t played much and is tasked with protecting the rim, and likely was just misguided in his attempt to stop Young in his chance at an easy basket.
Young overreacted here, obviously, despite the hard fall that he took following the contact from Len. To come up swinging doesn’t make much sense, and it’s likely to cost him both playing time and dollars in the form of a suspension from the league office.
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 44
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 42
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5