Jan 15, 2014, 11:28 PM EDT
Keith Bogans is a veteran playing in his 11th NBA season, and as such, isn’t exactly thrilled to be riding the bench as part of a rebuilding situation with the Boston Celtics.
Bogans vented publicly and extensively a couple of weeks back about his role with the team, and while it was viewed as nothing more than that initially, his attitude at some point became toxic to where he was excused from all team activities.
The future, at least in Boston, remains extremely cloudy where Bogans is concerned.
The Boston Celtics excused veteran guard Keith Bogans indefinitely on Tuesday due to personal reasons, but coach Brad Stevens wouldn’t elaborate much on his status before Wednesday’s game.
“I don’t really want to get into too many specifics,” said Stevens. “He’s obviously been excused from the team for now. He’s still under contract here. I personally like Keith and that’s where I’ll leave it.”
Does Stevens expect Bogans back with the team?
“Undecided, unknown,” he said.
The Celtics were involved in a three-team trade on Wednesday that saw them ship out Jordan Crawford and MarShon Brooks to Golden State. There’s no reason to think they wouldn’t consider similarly dealing Bogans in the right situation, for the right price.
Bogans appeared in 74 games for the Nets a season ago, and and started in 23 of them, averaging 4.2 points in 19 minutes per contest. He’s known for his defense and for his ability to fill minutes on the court without making mistakes, so a team in need of a veteran role-player may come calling for his services, since they’re clearly no longer needed in Boston.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 0
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 3
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31