Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
Jerryd Bayless come on down, you’re the next contestant on “getting a league warning for flopping.”
Who knows, maybe Bayless was just “LeBroning.” Either way, the league gave him an official warning Tuesday.
The incident occurred Monday night (Jan. 13), when the Celtics were playing the Rockets. Jeremy Lin was bringing the ball up court and Bayless was hounding him, so Lin tried to use Dwight Howard as a little screen. Bayless fought through it, then over reacts to the contact, trying to draw a foul.
There have now been 19 players warned by the league, which is what happens on the first flop called out by the league. Two players — James Harden and Corey Brewer — have gotten a $5,000 fine for getting caught a second time.
Hat tip to Ben Golliver at The Point Forward for the video.
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 0
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8