Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
Jerryd Bayless come on down, you’re the next contestant on “getting a league warning for flopping.”
Who knows, maybe Bayless was just “LeBroning.” Either way, the league gave him an official warning Tuesday.
The incident occurred Monday night (Jan. 13), when the Celtics were playing the Rockets. Jeremy Lin was bringing the ball up court and Bayless was hounding him, so Lin tried to use Dwight Howard as a little screen. Bayless fought through it, then over reacts to the contact, trying to draw a foul.
There have now been 19 players warned by the league, which is what happens on the first flop called out by the league. Two players — James Harden and Corey Brewer — have gotten a $5,000 fine for getting caught a second time.
Hat tip to Ben Golliver at The Point Forward for the video.
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 9
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 35
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 7
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 6
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 12
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19