Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
Jerryd Bayless come on down, you’re the next contestant on “getting a league warning for flopping.”
Who knows, maybe Bayless was just “LeBroning.” Either way, the league gave him an official warning Tuesday.
The incident occurred Monday night (Jan. 13), when the Celtics were playing the Rockets. Jeremy Lin was bringing the ball up court and Bayless was hounding him, so Lin tried to use Dwight Howard as a little screen. Bayless fought through it, then over reacts to the contact, trying to draw a foul.
There have now been 19 players warned by the league, which is what happens on the first flop called out by the league. Two players — James Harden and Corey Brewer — have gotten a $5,000 fine for getting caught a second time.
Hat tip to Ben Golliver at The Point Forward for the video.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 11
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 17
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2