Jan 15, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
Jerryd Bayless come on down, you’re the next contestant on “getting a league warning for flopping.”
Who knows, maybe Bayless was just “LeBroning.” Either way, the league gave him an official warning Tuesday.
The incident occurred Monday night (Jan. 13), when the Celtics were playing the Rockets. Jeremy Lin was bringing the ball up court and Bayless was hounding him, so Lin tried to use Dwight Howard as a little screen. Bayless fought through it, then over reacts to the contact, trying to draw a foul.
There have now been 19 players warned by the league, which is what happens on the first flop called out by the league. Two players — James Harden and Corey Brewer — have gotten a $5,000 fine for getting caught a second time.
Hat tip to Ben Golliver at The Point Forward for the video.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 11
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 23
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10