Jan 14, 2014, 5:54 PM EDT
Charlotte’s defense — the reason they were surprising teams and winning games early in the season — has been inconsistent of late.
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist could help change that — after being out with a fractured hand since the first week of December, he is set to return to the Charlotte lineup on Tuesday night against the Knicks, reports Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer. Kidd-Gilchrist will wear a protective glove on his hand.
He’s not getting eased back in, either — first night back, he gets to guard Carmelo Anthony. And it is not lightening up from there.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $50,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $7,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Charlotte has lost eight of their last 10 and during that time has surrendered 109.5 points per 100 possessions — the first 20 games of the season they allowed 97.5. The loss of Kidd-Gilchrist and Jeffery Taylor (Achilles) had a lot to do with that.
We’ll see if Kidd-Gilchrist can help swing the Bobcats’ fortunes around.
- Kyrie Irving aces, Kevin Love passes first playoff test in Cavaliers win over Celtics 0
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 10
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 19
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6