Jan 14, 2014, 5:54 PM EST
Charlotte’s defense — the reason they were surprising teams and winning games early in the season — has been inconsistent of late.
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist could help change that — after being out with a fractured hand since the first week of December, he is set to return to the Charlotte lineup on Tuesday night against the Knicks, reports Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer. Kidd-Gilchrist will wear a protective glove on his hand.
He’s not getting eased back in, either — first night back, he gets to guard Carmelo Anthony. And it is not lightening up from there.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $50,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $7,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Charlotte has lost eight of their last 10 and during that time has surrendered 109.5 points per 100 possessions — the first 20 games of the season they allowed 97.5. The loss of Kidd-Gilchrist and Jeffery Taylor (Achilles) had a lot to do with that.
We’ll see if Kidd-Gilchrist can help swing the Bobcats’ fortunes around.
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 0
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 8
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 14
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 25
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20